Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 02, 2014, 03:47:47 AM
Quote from: Tynan on August 26, 2014, 10:45:13 PM
1. Jan 28
2. Feb 26
3. Apr 10
4. Jun 1
5. Jul 4
6. Aug 13

Actually just writing this down to see what the pattern is!

Looks like the intervals are

~30 days
~45 days
~50 days
~34 days
~39 days

You should note that A7 is pretty ambitious.

Also, don't forget about that two-week vacation you had between...A2 and A3? Or A3 and A4? So it's really roughly 35 days between Alphas.

Actually he was at a  game conference at the end of March I believe (hence the 45 day release time for A3), then he was on vacation in May (hence the 50 day release time for A4). So yeah, in theory, if you take that into account then the average release schedule have been no more than 30-40 days so far.

Alright, I'm going to foretell the future and say that A7 is (probably) going to come out on between 15 and 22 of September.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Cpt.Fupa

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 27, 2014, 04:07:52 PM
Something I know is gonna be in there are some bugfixes xD and hopefully (I REALLY DO :D) that we can have artifical limbs. Then Finally I can replace my colonists right eye and my other colonists left foot :/ the guy with the missing right eye cant even hit an incapped centepide at 5 meters distance xD
I'm not so sure about a right eye but prosthetics will be cool, but they shouldent restore full effectivenessw

Sir Wagglepuss III

I'm quite looking forward to prosthetics, especially cybernetics in particular.

It's gonna be XCOM:EW all over again, all the best members are gonna go straight under the knife for... "Improvements".

I'm hoping that cybernetics is going to be glitterworld tech and be either heavy on resources or unlock time as a result though. Wouldn't want everybody in a 15 man colony being turned into the equivalent of super-soldiers.

MoneyFish

Am I the only one here super exited about the expanded resource system?
I want to pave my walkways with bauxite!

Xerberus86

Quote from: MoneyFish on September 06, 2014, 10:52:41 AM
Am I the only one here super exited about the expanded resource system?
I want to pave my walkways with bauxite!

a note in the changelog is hinting towards melee weapons, that's what i am looking forward the most :).

MoneyFish

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 06, 2014, 12:45:24 PM
a note in the changelog is hinting towards melee weapons, that's what i am looking forward the most :).

HOW DID I MISS THAT  :o

rufffy

and the next date for alpha 7 is...?  8) :P
i cannot wait!

Feniks

stefanstr

I am super excited for the lockable doors... I will finally be able to keep the colonists inside so they don’t run through 100 tribals to get that missing piece of metal.

Although I would be even more excited if Tynan allowed us to choose only select colonists to be able to pass through a given door. E.g., I often get attached to the original three and would like to give them exclusive access to the "executive headquarters."

Feniks

Lockable door are great thing yes they will increase life expectancy of colonist a lot. There is nothing worst than some idiot colonist thinking that it's good idea to get something from the middle of a enemy army.

I am more exited about changes to raid numbers being based on population rather than wealth. Colony of 10 with bow and arrows has better chances of defending IMO than colony of 3 with miniguns. Maybe sustainable colonies can take place in a game eventually without 200+ raids destroying fps. If it works out how I hope it will maybe living outside will make some sense.

TheXIIILightning

I'm quite eager to see how the supposed Melee weapons will work!
I'm eager to club some of those pesky Squirrels. They have gnawed their last colonist! XD

Mystic

I notice that the change log indicates that primarily bug fixing has been occurring over the last several workdays.  As I look back in the logs I see that the last round of such concentrated bug fixing was on the working days right before, yes, August 13th, when Alpha 6 was released.  Could this be a sign that Alpha 7 is close?

Feniks

Reddit seems to think so but I suspect it may be week or two before we see anything.

Matthiasagreen

Apparently (alpha six was released about a week before I joined the community) Tynan requests testers for the new alpha before it is released publicly. That hasn't happened yet so it could be another week or two. That seems to be the final sign that it is on its way. Unless  I missed something.

BTW Tynan if you are reading this and are looking for testers...

Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

muffins

I have to say, I'm REALLY enjoying RimWorld's development pace! I have a lot of fun building up a big colony or two, then a new version comes out with [insert really awesome feature here] and I start afresh to  play with the awesome new features. The updates are perfectly spaced to keep me constantly interested. Before I get even slightly bored with RimWorld - *BAM!* - new update!

I am incredibly excited about alpha 7.

:D