Alpha Seven

Started by The Outsider, August 26, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Outsider

Anyone have an ideal when its due for release, or what it contains.

MoparGamer

My guess would be around September  17th, seems Tynan releases large updates monthly

QuoteAlpha 4: June 1
Alpha 5: July 5
Alpha 6: August 13
Alpha 7: ? ? ? ? ? ?

Tynan

1. Jan 28
2. Feb 26
3. Apr 10
4. Jun 1
5. Jul 4
6. Aug 13

Actually just writing this down to see what the pattern is!

Looks like the intervals are

~30 days
~45 days
~50 days
~34 days
~39 days

You should note that A7 is pretty ambitious.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

The Outsider

Quote from: Tynan on August 26, 2014, 10:45:13 PM
1. Jan 28
2. Feb 26
3. Apr 10
4. Jun 1
5. Jul 4
6. Aug 13

Actually just writing this down to see what the pattern is!

Looks like the intervals are

~30 days
~45 days
~50 days
~34 days
~39 days

You should note that A7 is pretty ambitious.

Looking forward to it.

Bodog999

Something I know is gonna be in there are some bugfixes xD and hopefully (I REALLY DO :D) that we can have artifical limbs. Then Finally I can replace my colonists right eye and my other colonists left foot :/ the guy with the missing right eye cant even hit an incapped centepide at 5 meters distance xD

ShadowTani

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 27, 2014, 04:07:52 PM
Something I know is gonna be in there are some bugfixes xD and hopefully (I REALLY DO :D) that we can have artifical limbs.

Yup, it's coming, it's mentioned in the changelog too, along with an improved trading system, stuff system, skill boosters, more throughout stat information and so on. x3 An actual to-do list like we got spoiled with back before A3 would be fun to have though, but I guess most of us are hyped beyond the roof anyway as it is, lol. xD

REMworlder

Prosthetics and body parts, neurotrainers, arbitrary item and structure composition, updated trading, cotton plants and clothes making...

Bodog999

All very nice features we (hopefully) get. I like my colonists the way they are but I hate when something really important gets shot off/destroyed/crushed. Eyes, ears and noses dont bother me too much. Got a guy with both eyes missing, has an energy rifle and can get some damn good shots on the enemy. I just want to be able to replace arms and legs and not to forget surgury for replacing the stomach and jaw.

SSS

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 30, 2014, 01:30:34 PM
All very nice features we (hopefully) get. I like my colonists the way they are but I hate when something really important gets shot off/destroyed/crushed. Eyes, ears and noses dont bother me too much. Got a guy with both eyes missing, has an energy rifle and can get some damn good shots on the enemy. I just want to be able to replace arms and legs and not to forget surgury for replacing the stomach and jaw.

...He can shoot his enemies without seeing them?

This sounds like a legend in the making.

Bodog999

Quote from: SSS on August 30, 2014, 06:57:32 PM
Quote from: Bodog999 on August 30, 2014, 01:30:34 PM

...He can shoot his enemies without seeing them?

This sounds like a legend in the making.
Yep he is damn good in an another colony I have a guy which has his right eye missing and he cant even hit a centepide from 3 meters away with a minigun xD

LordJulian

Wouldn't it be better if the body parts that were 'shot' off (or at least thats the game logic) but you can only save them in the nick of advanced medical skills from a colonist and a proper medkit considering that it's the future and using the "it's sci-fi" defense can justify that the medkit has some sort of binding gel that can save the colonist's body part in the nick of time, but only with a very small window of opportunity to quickly attach the body part back before the shot off part has been deemed impossible to attach back?

milon

@bodog999, with a minigun, most colonists can barely hit a target at three meters even with both eyes. They're extremely inaccurate (but great for crowd control).

The loss of an eye doesn't do a whole lot, IMO.  My best mortar operator is a one-eyed colonist.

ShadowTani

Realistically speaking having two eyes are only really important for depth vision (i.e. ability to estimate distance), so losing one eye wouldn't affect a person too much. In the game it does however cut down the base accuracy down with 50%, but it seems a high shooting skill can compensate for this by a lot.

Lokai

Quote from: REMworlder on August 27, 2014, 04:58:39 PM
Prosthetics and body parts, neurotrainers, arbitrary item and structure composition, updated trading, cotton plants and clothes making...

Do you know, or does anyone know, if the updated trading just refers to ships or can we actually trade with other factions now? It would also be nice if there was some update, or explanation, to the faction system. Right now it seems you have to throw an unhealthy amount of silver at one faction in order to get them to be friendly with you, in which they might help you if you are attacked, but for some absurd reason that faction reputation always drops back down to the original number and at a pretty quick rate, which makes it completely worthless for the most part.