Saved Jobs

Started by Zerohero20, August 25, 2014, 03:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerohero20

When you right click to make someone prioritize a job as it stands if someone else is coming to do it you can't because it's saved for someone else. When you prioritize a job it should be able to overwrite the person who is coming to do it who would just stop and do something else. On a side note maybe have multiple people able to work on one block or do jobs even if they are saved for someone. Just to eliminate the two blocks far from base but one person mines one and goes back to base instead of mining the second block because it's saved for someone who just started walking from base to mine second block. One problem I see is might overload people on one job as they would all run to do it at same time instead of moving on to another job.

MrDecay

Quote from: Zerohero20Just to eliminate the two blocks far from base but one person mines one and goes back to base instead of mining the second block because it's saved for someone who just started walking from base to mine second block.

This has also annoyed me in the past, but I don't usually pay attention to my colonists
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

Shinzy

This only been a problem with me on very rare occasions like
when my turret was on fire, I tried to have the closest guy put it out
"Reserved by dinosaur" oh, ok
Dinosaur is my 'Fast walker' with massive brain damage. his motor functions are weakened to the point where his abilities using arms rivals the ones of a real dinosaur and he moves at pace of a stegosaurus so he might have some delusions of what species he belongs to =P

Some sort of override thing would be nice but it's more of my own fault for letting him handle any jobs that require fast reflexes