Friendships

Started by MuscularTeeth, September 08, 2014, 12:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuscularTeeth

Not sure if this idea has been covered previously.

How about a dynamic "friendship".
So colonists with similar traits might enjoy ones company more than another.
As an exameple; two colonists with  the fire symbol next to the "crafting" skill might get more bonuses talking to one another because they have a topic they enjoy talking about to one another.

So morale boost for having a friend, or a morale loss when a friend dies or is hurt?

i just happen to have two people who are both insane cooks, and well - wouldn't they talk about food all the time?

BetaSpectre

This has been a frequently posted idea, but it has rather mixed responses.

While I'm all for more personal relationships how they affect the game may be unbalanced or too troublesome.

If it only affects morale I support.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Reaper

I am for a loose colonist psyche like this, I want my colonist to feel like there part of the colony and not just some mindless drone i control.

I want to feel bad when recruiting people just to turn them into meatshields. (I DO THIS OFTEN!!!!)

Monkeysaur

Friends mourn when each other die.

Shinzy

Quote from: MuscularTeeth on September 08, 2014, 12:57:04 AMtwo people who are both insane cooks, and well - wouldn't they talk about food all the time?

Two cooks (insane or otherwise) does not make a friendship
atleast if they work in the same kitchen =P

but I really really get what you're saying
two people with same passion get along really, really well

LordJulian

Sounds like a dating sim simulator.

Colonist #1
Wake up->go out on a date with colonist #2 via the mining shaft -> talk about mining stuff with colonist #2 -> encounter raiders with colonist #2 -> enjoy cremate bodies with colonist #2 -> go to sleep with colonist #2. :p

But the topic has been covered mostly on relationships though, rather than platonic friendships.