Prosthetic and robotic limbs

Started by The Outsider, August 16, 2014, 12:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Outsider

Wouldn't it be a good ideal if colonist could get a surgery done to get prosthetic limbs to replace shot limbs. Once they lose both arms and/or a hand they become useless and just take up bed space and food. If you notice Random Randy has a prosthetic arm.

Bog

I'm pretty sure that Tynan is already planning on implementing this for Alpha 7.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Zeta Omega

Would make sense...caught a prisoner with no leg so he couldn't move....closed off my prison and let him starve to death

The Outsider

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 16, 2014, 11:49:06 PM
Would make sense...caught a prisoner with no leg so he couldn't move....closed off my prison and let him starve to death
Should have sold him.

James009

Yeah, I cannot wait to see this stuff implemented. There needs to be different quality levels of prosthetics ranging from wood (barely functional) to metal (which increases base abilities). We'll need more medical revamps for this to be completely functional though.

Anyways, cannot wait to see whats done with this!
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Zeta Omega

Quote from: The Outsider on August 17, 2014, 12:25:52 AM
Should have sold him.
That's the thing No slave traders were coming by...AT ALL

S1N1337

Wooden Crutches could be used in a pinch if you're not confident enough in your medical doctor's skill.
As far as prosthetics: Wood could be the lightest and most useless, Stone could be the heaviest and most durable, with an attack buff to beat on people with. Lastly metal could be medium weight with the best work boost. This is all fine and good for limbs, but how about organs? The mechanoids can't be completely made out of metal, right? They must have some organic parts that you could refit for your colonists.

OpposingForces

i dont know about the stone thing, but prosthetics would be nice to have. more advanced ones could even be especially vulnerable to emp weapons as a nice counter balance. all your colonist have advanced prosthetics? raider with a well tossed emp grenade stuns the whole lot. would definitely add an interesting twist.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

S1N1337

Perhaps prosthetics should not be a direct upgrade but more of a means to an end. Exo-Suits and Exo-Skeletons could be made for the upgrade side of thing and the EMP affecting electronic prosthetics would be a fun quirk.

JibbeDahFish

Chinese Space Prison

Compozitor

This makes sense!

You can perhaps we can use prisoners as material.  Organ trasplantation!!!

Use prisoners to help your colonists!))) They don't need arms, but colonists can use it! Mwahahahaha!!!

Major2themax

Or perhaps you could take organs off dead bodies before they decay or have multiple levels for each material of prosthetics and it would be great to see incurable injuries being replaced especially eyes being replaced with cybernetics
Major2themax signing off

( Tchey )

I would love to cut prisoner's feet to fix my colonist's feet. Or even cut on colonist to fix a more valuable one. Or use a advanced medical hardware to create cybernetic colonist. If too much cyber, they could be unaffect by mind-stuff, like drones but also like pleasant environments, etc.

And late game they could marry with MAI's mod. Hmm... Maybe not, ok.

I'd really enjoy a more dirty atmosphere, closer to Firefly/Serenity, as the game is already very inspired from it (or i feel that way).

Bodog999

Quote from: Compozitor on August 21, 2014, 03:21:17 PM
This makes sense!

You can perhaps we can use prisoners as material.  Organ trasplantation!!!

Use prisoners to help your colonists!))) They don't need arms, but colonists can use it! Mwahahahaha!!!
Thats the way I like of thinking >:D