Storyteller Balance Issues

Started by Adeelos, November 05, 2013, 04:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorbane

The new public release has a fix for events which will most likely solve your guy's problem.

todofwar

I haven't had any raiders, wanderers, traders, nothing. I have only four colonists after the last raid wiped out half my colony.

enystrom8734

This should all be fixed on 0.0.254b

If you are running 0.0.245b, then continue posting.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Adeelos

As of 0.0.254b I'm finding any events other than raiders increasingly less common than they were before, and raiders are even more likely in the early stages to be flat-out killed as opposed to incapacitated. I'm now reaching an average of five colonists around cycle two or three.

In my current game, I reached five colonists in cycle two and missed an opportunity for a sixth (the character spawned on the far corner of the map, and had already wandered off - still in the same general area - by the time I could get halfway there). Between then and cycle six I have had:

1x eclipse
2x solar flare
6x raider event (4-6 raiders per wave)
3x crop blight
4x mad animals
3x traders (comms station has been built since 3rd cycle)

No wandering civies. Electrical discharges have not been taken into account, as I have not built any batteries in the current save.

enystrom8734

Quote from: Adeelos on November 12, 2013, 01:31:23 AM
As of 0.0.254b I'm finding any events other than raiders increasingly less common than they were before, and raiders are even more likely in the early stages to be flat-out killed as opposed to incapacitated. I'm now reaching an average of five colonists around cycle two or three.

In my current game, I reached five colonists in cycle two and missed an opportunity for a sixth (the character spawned on the far corner of the map, and had already wandered off - still in the same general area - by the time I could get halfway there). Between then and cycle six I have had:

1x eclipse
2x solar flare
6x raider event (4-6 raiders per wave)
3x crop blight
4x mad animals
3x traders (comms station has been built since 3rd cycle)

No wandering civies. Electrical discharges have not been taken into account, as I have not built any batteries in the current save.

Are you sure you are running 0.0.245b? The latest release does not have cycles anymore.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Adeelos

Hm. I see what happened. For some reason the program I use to unzip files didn't overwrite the old ones like it usually does and saved the new files in a different partition. Will retest things later when I get a chance.