[REQUEST]New Custom Colonists?

Started by Visitor000, August 28, 2014, 11:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor000

Hay I have a Suggestion for a Mod/Program to create custom Colonists. I to basicly this :
An iteration of the Custom Characters mod, where you create your pawn in the program the program then sets that as your starter colonists (via save file or something) on a post-generated world replacing the in game starter colonists
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

dionn

You can do that currently with the save editor.
Just start a new game with any old colonists and then modify it to your hearts content.

Visitor000

I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: King Of Natlanta on August 29, 2014, 05:51:37 AM
do they work for windows xp

As long as you have the .net framework there's no reason it shouldn't. I suggest getting the latest version if you don't already have it to make you life easier with other things that may require it in the future (for example, the next Major release of the save editor will be targeting the 4.5 framework).

Bodog999

Its quite easy to start with your same colonists over and over again. Just look for a map you like let the droppods land and the colonists come out then save the game. Go into the save file which has the colonists in it you want to copy to the save file you just made. Copy everything between the <thing> and </thing> (you probably notice that its a colonists you're copying, you should see his/her name) to the other save file just remove the old colonists which came out of the droppods and tadaa! you copied a colonists. Also make sure you make a BACKUP!!!! If you do it wrong upon loading the map you will see beatifull rainbow colours, which means its broken :/

MoparGamer

You may also want to compare your colonist coordinates and make sure your not placing your old colonist in a mountain

Visitor000

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 31, 2014, 03:20:52 AM
Its quite easy to start with your same colonists over and over again. Just look for a map you like let the droppods land and the colonists come out then save the game. Go into the save file which has the colonists in it you want to copy to the save file you just made. Copy everything between the <thing> and </thing> (you probably notice that its a colonists you're copying, you should see his/her name) to the other save file just remove the old colonists which came out of the droppods and tadaa! you copied a colonists. Also make sure you make a BACKUP!!!! If you do it wrong upon loading the map you will see beatifull rainbow colours, which means its broken :/
i do that, but if there was away to get a program to make your colonist(s), turn it in to the code, then put that in to your save file

I am an Author.