[MOD](Alpha 7) Realistic Weapons V2.0 + Fortifications Mod V2.0

Started by AY, August 28, 2014, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AY

Version 2.0 is released!  Now Alpha 7 Compatible  ;D

Description:
Realistic weapons makes weapons more realistic 8) by changing the weapons' attributes. Weapon damages have been increased significantly and is now based on weapon calibers. Weapons will now perform the best in their unique roles, while your battle rifles and machine guns may dominate the open fields, however, you'll find them having lots of difficulty fighting in close quarters and cramped areas against smaller and faster weapons such as the SMGs. You'll also find that weapons from different eras will perform very differently, that is because the weapons' clip sizes (salvo size),their ranges, and their fire rates are now based on real life values, while it is possible to take on modern weapons like the M16 and M24 with crossbows and thrown stones, it'll certainly be harder than what it used to be.
RECOMMENDED MAP SIZE IS BIG

Fortifications Mod Pack:
The fortifications mod pack adds Trenches, Barbed Wires, and Embrasures ( Credits to the Embrasures Mod Team ) for you to fortify your base.
- Trenches: A structure in the ground that costs 2 wood to build, significantly decreases the accuracy of incoming fire.
- Barbed Wires: A cheap to build structure that costs 1 metal, slows down the enemy, almost indestructible by bullets.
- Embrasures: A hole in the wall to allow your colonists to shoot through in the safety of their own homes.
- Tweaks: Reinforced Walls and Embrasures against bullet damage, they should hold up more realistically against swarms of bullets, however they are more vulnerable against explosives.

Screenshots:

Because your minigun needed a 3600 rpm and 600 rounds
More screenshots at ModDb

Downloads:
Stand-Alone Version

Realistic Weapons w/ Project Armory

Realistic Weapons for Project Armory

Fortifications Mod Pack (Alpha 7 Updated)
Warning: The Embrasures mod team have not completed updating to Alpha 7, some features and textures might be missing

WWII Weapons Pack

Textures made by: [Viperlol]
Weapons Added: (Already included in PA versions, not included in Stand Alone version)
- Sten SMG
- PIAT Launcher
- M1 Bazooka
- M1 Garand
- M1 Carbine
- Ppsh 41
- PPD 40
- M1919 Browning MMG
- MG 34
- MG 42
- Stg 44
- Stg 45
- Karabiner 98k
- Gewehr 43
- Tokarev TT30
- Wimmersperg Spz SMG

Grenades Pack - Merged Into Main Mod

Tips and Hints:
- Weapon ranges are significantly longer, you have to be careful not to be outranged by the enemy!
- Weapons now have a very high damage, just taking a few gun shots could be fatal.
- Weapons with shorter ranges generally perform better at close ranges.
- Cover is very important, anyone out in the open is very vulnerable.
- Fortifications and Entrenchments are very important, a properly dug-in position can defend up to 10 times more attackers (The fortifications pack makes walls and embrasures a lot more resistant to bullet fire)
- Shotgun vs SMG? Both have the same aim time and reload times, and high end ones have a range of up to 30. SMGs have a way lower damage per shot, but they make it up with their higher fire rate and DPS, while shotguns have a very high damage per shot, but has a lower damage over time. Choose one that suits your play style.
- Enfilade fire ( firing from the enemy's sides ) is very effective, set up extra fortifications on your flanks
- Long range fire fights can draw out for a long time, don't be impatient and rush the enemy, it could be disastrous
- Tactics is the key to victory, remember to:
-    - Keep your colonists together in fire teams of 3 to 4, it helps to make sure you can rescue them in time and provide enough fire at the enemy.
-    - Spread out, don't keep all your colonists together or they'll get absolutely wrecked by a single salvo.
-    - Flanking the enemy is a very effective way to take them out, make sure you have enough hold the main line and switch fire to the other end when your flanking force sweeps in.
-    - Micromanaging Cross fire with machineguns can be very deadly.
- Combined arms is very important, be sure to have the right weapon for the right place. An example of a well rounded squad of about 12 should have:
-    - 1 Heavy Machine Gun, to keep the enemy at bay with heavy fire power ( ex. M2 Browning )
-    - 2 - 3 Light Machine Guns, to ensure you have enough fire power at a fire-team lever ( ex. M249, Bren, BAR )
-    - 1 Sniper/Marksman rifle, to take out high value targets and remove the enemy's heavy fire power ( ex. M24, M14 EBR, VSS Vintorez )
-    - 3 fire teams of: 1 Battle Rifle, 1 Assault Rifle, and 1 Submachine gun each.
- Close quarter combats are brutal and bloody, expect lots of casualties.

Version 2.0 Change Log:
--- Alpha 7 Compatible, Finally
--- Rebalanced Melee Weapons
--- Buffed Turrets and Rebalanced Mortars
-    - Turrets now have 200+ Range, and a faster fire rate + damage, should be vulnerable only to snipers
-    - Mortars have an aim time of 5 seconds, and cooldown time of 15 seconds
--- Rebalanced Launcher weapons

Version 1.2 Change Log:
--- Added WWII weapons pack
--- Decreased ranges on all weapons with ranges over 40 by 1/4
--- Decreased Aim time on weapons
-    - Pistols: 0.33 sec
-    - SMGs and Shotguns: 0.66 sec
-    - Assault Rifles: 1.25 sec
-    - Battle Rifles: 1.50 sec
-    - LMGs: 1.50 sec
-    - HMGs: 2 sec
-    - Snipers: 3 sec
--- Changed cooldown time
-    - Pistols: 0.33 sec
-    - SMGs and Shotguns: 0.33 sec
-    - Assault Rifles and Battle Rifles: 0.66 sec
-    - LMGs: 1 sec
-    - HMGs: 1.25 sec
-    - Snipers: 2 sec

Earlier Change Logs:
V1.1
--- Weapon clip sizes reduced to 1/5 of their real life values, should fix colonists doing stupid things and not moving.
--- Accuracy balances for all weapons
---    - Pistols and SMGs have great accuracy at short ranges, accuracy drops off rapidly in medium ranges
-    - Shotguns have decent accuracy at short ranges, and low accuracy at medium ranges
-    - Assault rifles have decent accuracy at all ranges, performs best at medium ranges
-    - Battle rifles have slightly lower accuracy as Assault rifles at short and medium ranges, performs best at long ranges
-    - LMGs, HMGs, Snipers accuracy balanced accordingly
- Aim time decreased
-    - Pistols = 1 sec
-    - SMGs = 1.5 sec
-    - Shotguns = 2 sec
-    - Assault Rifles = 2.5 sec
-    - Battle Rifles = 3 sec
-    - LMGs = 3 - 3.5 sec
-    - HMGs, Snipers = 4 sec
Original
---All weapon ranges are 1/5th of their real life ranges in terms of meters.
---Projectile Speeds are 1/5th of their real life Muzzle Velocities in terns of m/s.
---Weapon Damages significantly Increased:
-       -Pistol and SMG rounds damage changed to 12 (9x19 Parabellums, ,45 ACPs, .38s, etc.)
-       -Assault Rifle rounds damage changed to 16 (5.56 x 45mm NATO, etc.)
-       -Battle Rifle and Machine Gun  rounds damage changed to 20 (7.62 x 51mm NATO, .303 British, .30-06 Springfield, etc.)
-       -Shotgun Rounds damaged changed to 30-40 ( 12 Gauge, etc.)
-       -Sniper rounds damage changed to 50-120

Grenades Pack:
--- Ranges and damage of original grenades changed
--- Added Stun Grenades
--- Added Mining Grenades
--- Added Healing Grenades
--- Added Disintegrator Grenades

Future Features:
--- Realistic and more types of Grenades
--- WWII weapons pack
--- Reload Mechanism (Unfeasible in the current alpha)
--- Realistic Mortars and Launchers
--- Barbed Wires
--- Trenches
--- Foxholes
--- Mines

Credits to the Project Armory mod team for their awesome weapons.

DaPieGuy

Would this work with Tech Tree Minami as it has Project Armory included in it

AY

Quote from: DaPieGuy on August 28, 2014, 12:55:08 PM
Would this work with Tech Tree Minami as it has Project Armory included in it
It should, since all the mod changes are the values of the individual weapons. The mod does not change any path directory in Project Armory.

Evul

Zeta Omega

I can understand the freaking minigun upgrade, but did you just downgrade the weapons as well?

AY

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 28, 2014, 04:07:06 PM
I can understand the freaking minigun upgrade, but did you just downgrade the weapons as well?
No, weapon damage is actually increased. Compared to Project Armory:
Pistol damages increased from 7-9 to 10-13
SMG damages increased from 4-9 to 12-14
Assault Rifle damages increased from 6-8 to 16
Battle Rifle and Heavy Machinegun damages increased from 12-20 to all 20
Shotgun damages increased from 10-20 to 30-40
Sniper damages increased from 30-45 to 60-120

Some weapons might feel weaker than before because the aim time is increased and the fire rate has been changed corresponding to real life values.
One salvo is now the one entire magazine of said weapon as well.

Zeta Omega

OH.......so the miniguns ridicules power is reduced with a longer time....

AY

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 28, 2014, 04:39:25 PM
OH.......so the miniguns ridicules power is reduced with a longer time....
Yup, the heavier the weapon is, the longer it takes it start shooting. Its to make small guns like SMGs and pistols, which have a ridiculously small range, to still have a purpose; which is to dominate close quarters fighting.

( Tchey )

I started a new Colony with Superior Craft 2.1 and Realistic Weapons. Maybe they don't fit together, i don't know, but the Lee Ensfield from the beginning has troubles. My toon fires to hunt a squirrel, the animal dies, my toon walks to it to carry it, and... my toon keeps firing at the dead squirrel. And sometimes, he fires some bullets, and sometimes, he fires a rapid pack of bullets, all from the same weapon. Also, the weapon seems to have infinite range, as i can't see no circle when i draft my armed toon.

I didn't try the other ones yet.

AY

Quote from: ( Tchey ) on August 28, 2014, 07:11:26 PM
I started a new Colony with Superior Craft 2.1 and Realistic Weapons. Maybe they don't fit together, i don't know, but the Lee Ensfield from the beginning has troubles. My toon fires to hunt a squirrel, the animal dies, my toon walks to it to carry it, and... my toon keeps firing at the dead squirrel. And sometimes, he fires some bullets, and sometimes, he fires a rapid pack of bullets, all from the same weapon. Also, the weapon seems to have infinite range, as i can't see no circle when i draft my armed toon.

I didn't try the other ones yet.
The Enfield has a range of 100, so you might not be able to see the range circle if you are in certain places of the map. It's set to fire 10 rounds in a burst ( The SMLE had a 10 round magazine ) at about 1 sec per shot ( Since its a bolt action rifle ). Its normal if your guy fires off 10 rounds in total after aiming.
As for the rapid firing, try deleting the Weapons_Guns.xml in the Superior Craft file, it is located in SuperiorCrafting/Defs/ThingDefs.

harpuea

Great work. I have been wanting something like this! Will test!

Edit.

The full auto mag dumping according to their ammo capacity doesn't work too well and leads to funky, negligence, and outright dangerous behaviors.  IE, doesn't stop shooting even when the target is dead, mag dumping at allies cause of crazy squirrels and the like.

The damage model and combat system is too simplistic right now, there is not much you can do to replicate a decent level of realism. I think it is best to balance for single shots/ burst speed and have the accuracy determines the weapon type. IE Assault rifles is all a rounder with decent speed/burst and accuracy. Battle Rifles have higher accuracy for lower speed. SMG have speed and accuracy at close range, but no accuracy for long range, etc.

It would be great if colonist operate their weapons differently at different ranges. IE single shots for long range and burst for closer ranges. Right now going full auto all the time is a bad idea.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

AY

Quote from: harpuea on August 28, 2014, 10:06:26 PM
Great work. I have been wanting something like this! Will test!

Edit.

The full auto mag dumping according to their ammo capacity doesn't work too well and leads to funky, negligence, and outright dangerous behaviors.  IE, doesn't stop shooting even when the target is dead, mag dumping at allies cause of crazy squirrels and the like.

The damage model and combat system is too simplistic right now, there is not much you can do to replicate a decent level of realism. I think it is best to balance for single shots/ burst speed and have the accuracy determines the weapon type. IE Assault rifles is all a rounder with decent speed/burst and accuracy. Battle Rifles have higher accuracy for lower speed. SMG have speed and accuracy at close range, but no accuracy for long range, etc.

It would be great if colonist operate their weapons differently at different ranges. IE single shots for long range and burst for closer ranges. Right now going full auto all the time is a bad idea.
Yea, now that with more testing dumping the whole mag isnt the best idea, I do plan on fixing that ASAP. Originally I wanted to give some weapons their ammo capacity advantage,but there simply isnt a way for me to implement a reload system (long reload) and a burst system (short reload) with only a warmup timer and a cooldown timer. I plan on adjusting the burst rounds in proportion to clip sizes so weapons with large clips still keep an advantage, not sure how if it will cause pistols to be utterly useless though.

AY