[MOD](Alpha 7) Realistic Weapons V2.0 + Fortifications Mod V2.0

Started by AY, August 28, 2014, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelanisticAlbino

Finally a release! But the download link "Realistic Weapons for Project armory" doesn't seem to work!

AY

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on October 26, 2014, 05:30:03 PM
Finally a release! But the download link "Realistic Weapons for Project armory" doesn't seem to work!
And fixed  :)

SundayTuesday

I would DL FOR project armory if I have it, yes? Kinda confused :P

Also, its just the Realistic Weapon Pack thats up for A7, not the Fortifications? Sorry if its obvious and I'm not seeing.
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

AY

Quote from: SundayTuesday on October 26, 2014, 07:52:32 PM

Also, its just the Realistic Weapon Pack thats up for A7, not the Fortifications? Sorry if its obvious and I'm not seeing.
Yup :P, With is the one that includes all the project armory, while the "For" version contains only the defs and textures, and requires manual overwrite of the existing mod files.
Unless you have limited bandwith/monthly usage the with version can simply replace the existing PA mod.

SundayTuesday

Quote from: AY on October 26, 2014, 09:28:50 PM
Quote from: SundayTuesday on October 26, 2014, 07:52:32 PM

Yup :P, With is the one that includes all the project armory, while the "For" version contains only the defs and textures, and requires manual overwrite of the existing mod files.
Unless you have limited bandwith/monthly usage the with version can simply replace the existing PA mod.
Thanks! Just played with this mod, very glad to finally see Deer go down from one shot from an M25, same as people (For the most part)!

MaxtheINFINITE

DAYUM!Guns,trenches,barbed wires,what else would you ever need !?
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

Nimr_Tiger

SundayTuesday

Quote from: Nimr_Tiger on October 27, 2014, 08:03:03 PM
Is fortification mod still for alpha 6?-
Thats the way it seems, and it makes me sad as all heck lol

AY

Quote from: SundayTuesday on October 27, 2014, 08:27:57 PM
If it all goes well should be out this saturday/sunday  ;)

SundayTuesday

Quote from: AY on October 27, 2014, 09:30:15 PM
Quote from: SundayTuesday on October 27, 2014, 08:27:57 PM
If it all goes well should be out this saturday/sunday  ;)
If all goes better than well (AKA released earlier) I would legit cry tears of joy. Tactics are one of my highest interests and all the fortifications would help greatly :D Regardless though, take you're time, it'll be great either way :P

NoImageAvailable

I just tried this mod a bit and some of the machine guns seem incredibly broken. With the longer ranged ones (PK, Brownings) its possible to mow down raiders from across the entire map, trivializing encounters. Even more so if they prepare before attacking, you can just machine gun them from inside your base and they won't even respond. What's even worse are Centipedes. Weapon ranges between 30 and 40? How are they ever supposed to get that close? Unless they drop in right on top of you there is just no way they'll ever pose a threat.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

MisterLock

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 30, 2014, 05:10:57 AM
I just tried this mod a bit and some of the machine guns seem incredibly broken. With the longer ranged ones (PK, Brownings) its possible to mow down raiders from across the entire map, trivializing encounters. Even more so if they prepare before attacking, you can just machine gun them from inside your base and they won't even respond. What's even worse are Centipedes. Weapon ranges between 30 and 40? How are they ever supposed to get that close? Unless they drop in right on top of you there is just no way they'll ever pose a threat.

This is true unfortunately...It really just seems like this mod breaks some guns instead of balancing them...Having a 200 range machine gun that fires 50 rounds and does 60 damage?What's the point of snipers anymore?Some of the Project Armoury "balanced sniper" have less range then the freaking machine guns?I still haven't looked at all the guns,but what can I say is that this mod does make guns a bit OP...A bit to much...Not trying to sound mean or anything...But did You really try to balance the weapons?
To each his own.

SundayTuesday

Quote from: MisterLock on October 30, 2014, 08:23:42 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 30, 2014, 05:10:57 AM

This is true unfortunately...It really just seems like this mod breaks some guns instead of balancing them...Having a 200 range machine gun that fires 50 rounds and does 60 damage?What's the point of snipers anymore?Some of the Project Armoury "balanced sniper" have less range then the freaking machine guns?I still haven't looked at all the guns,but what can I say is that this mod does make guns a bit OP...A bit to much...Not trying to sound mean or anything...But did You really try to balance the weapons?

Its not OP. Machine Guns are extremely deadly all around. In reality they have that kind of range. They're meant to keep people down for others to flank around, but if the target sticks himself in the open, he's as good as dead. This DOES balance the weapons. I know quite a bit about firearms and this is pretty close to how most of the firearms actually function. And Snipers are still useful. I have yet to see a sniper in this game that didn't instant kill someone, or cripple a body part beyond repair. My MGs cant do that from the range they're at. Just sayin'.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: SundayTuesday on October 30, 2014, 03:40:00 PM
Its not OP. Machine Guns are extremely deadly all around. In reality they have that kind of range. They're meant to keep people down for others to flank around, but if the target sticks himself in the open, he's as good as dead. This DOES balance the weapons. I know quite a bit about firearms and this is pretty close to how most of the firearms actually function. And Snipers are still useful. I have yet to see a sniper in this game that didn't instant kill someone, or cripple a body part beyond repair. My MGs cant do that from the range they're at. Just sayin'.

It is OP. And I am well aware of a machine guns typical range, however the problem is that this isn't real life. The AI doesn't stick to cover or break line of sight like an actual intelligent being would. It just stands in the open and lets itself get killed. That makes MGs broken, realism or not.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

SundayTuesday

The AI is not the mod authors fault. Regardless, It's all opinion. I think they're fine and don't want them to change.