[Request] Mobile Killing Platform with attachable colonist (MECH?)

Started by Franfrancehs, August 28, 2014, 12:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franfrancehs

So mortars can be manned, is it possible to allow one entity to man another? Would some one like to code this? I think it'd need custom .dlls and stuff. But basically you allow an object that you can make come into being, and it can move but will only trigger movement and use when a colonist is manning it, and the colonist stuck/manning position is overlapping into it, like when they sleep in a bed or something, and this device has built in weapons that can only work when someone is manning it, and it has alot of armor. I dunno, but I think mechs can work now that turrets can be manned. Was thinking...

I'd donate $10 USD for this to happen :D...........

Zeta Omega

To be honest I don't think anyone ANYONE! has figured out how tocreate a mobile platform or machine

RawCode

this implemented not by "manning" in common term.

large mechanical Pawn that disabled\incapacitated by default and have custom action (instead of capture it allow to control itself).

original pawn "despawned" on entry, anyway it will be stupid to keep pawn outside of combat armor.

i will try to implement mannable centipede soon.

Bodog999

Quote from: RawCode on August 28, 2014, 07:20:25 PM

large mechanical Pawn that disabled\incapacitated by default and have custom action (instead of capture it allow to control itself).

original pawn "despawned" on entry, anyway it will be stupid to keep pawn outside of combat armor.

Imagine your colonist riding around the map on centepides xD

Boyzitbig

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 30, 2014, 11:13:05 AM

Imagine your colonist riding around the map on centepides xD

Basically Fremen but with centipedes right?
That would be awesome...

sensiman

i think the centipedes more closely resemble Hooders from Neal ashers "polity" series (one of the best sci fi author,TBH. along with alistair reynolds and charles stross. one of the main reason i love rimworld is its influence by sci-fi books)

Franfrancehs

:(