Old colonies become ruins?

Started by Matthiasagreen, August 28, 2014, 03:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthiasagreen

Has anybody tried to create a new colony in the exact sqaure you lost an old colony? When you lose, it says something about someone may find your stuff useful, so I wasn't sure if it stays in the area for future games.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Shinzy

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on August 28, 2014, 03:59:32 PM
Has anybody tried to create a new colony in the exact squre you lost an old colony? When you lose, it says something about someone may find your stuff usefull, so I wasn't sure if it stays in the area for future games.

It's more of a the end text than anything I really doubt it stays there, though it'd be nice

Someone did actually mention once quite a while back about leaving the colony running after the 'end' and then getting the Colonist has joined you event
and getting to continue =P
But I don't know how likely that is to happen! cause I haven't seen that event happen since.. well forever, really

Viceroy

That'd be cool though, maybe start off with the guys that went mad still inhabiting the place as borderlands style psycho's :p
Dog goes moo!

UrbanBourbon

This is what I tried a while back. I exited my current game to the main menu, and started a new colony in the same world. I picked the same exact spot on the world map where I had started my earlier colony. The area that was spawned was pristine. No old colony. The area was also somewhat different, as in definitely not identical. It might be a different thing if you LOSE the colony and then start a new one in the same spot but I doubt it. I suspect Tynan has planned that the old colonies will start remaining there at some point. A man can hope :/

I believe in Dwarf Fortress the old fortresses (=colonies) can be reclaimed in this fashion.

milon

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 28, 2014, 08:03:26 PM
I believe in Dwarf Fortress the old fortresses (=colonies) can be reclaimed in this fashion.

That's correct.  AFAIK, the only way to do this in RimWorld is to "keep playing" (ie. turbo speed) after your colonists are gone, and either hope for a random colonist to join you, or else spawn-a-pawn in Dev Mode.

StorymasterQ

Spawn-a-Pawn. Sounds like a cool sidestory game :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

DarkMyau

I would love to be able to reclaim an old colony. Of course you would have to do all your research again, but other than that it would be great.