Star Wolves 2 still playable?

Started by Dr. Z, August 29, 2014, 09:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

I just bought an old game called Star Wolves 2 which I've played years ago and wanted to play again so I installed it on my Win7 64 Bit laptop. When I was told to restart my PC to install copyright protection it hang, I had to run Windows repair and when it was up again, half of the game datas were deleted!

I googled a bit and learned that the copyright protection StarForce was apparently a bunch of crap so nobody wanted it so it never got an update for 64 Bit systems. Also, the game has no official Win 7 support.

Is it still possible to play the game? Maybe just with compability mode? I don't want to try until someone can tell me it works to not crash my PC again.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Enrymion

Steam version started up fine for me on 64bit Win 7. I suppose it doesn't use StarForce. Maybe remove the copy protection or something if you can't get a steam version(it's been in a few bundles, currently I only have a spare key of the 3rd one since I already gave away the others).

Coenmcj

I've never heard of the game, but you could consider setting up an XP (16/32 bit) Virtual machine
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite