Mac support?

Started by Mystic, August 29, 2014, 04:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

Tynan,

I am hoping that you would be willing to clarify something for me.  In the Support forum, someone indicated that Mac support for RimWorld was "limited".  I asked what that meant, but no one has replied.

As a Mac-only owner, I am very interested in RimWorld, but this statement has caused me to hold back on a purchase until I can get it clarified.  Can you let me know what my expectations should be if I were to purchase and run RimWorld on my Macs?  Are there limitations in functionality, or support, or bug fixing that are unique to the Mac version of RimWorld?

To put it basically, I am very interested in the game, but not if the Mac version thereof is relegated to being a 2nd class citizen that isn't expected to run properly.  I can't imagine why that would be the case, but that's why these statements about "limited Mac support" are causing me such trepidation about jumping onboard ... because I don't understand their source or motivation.

Thanks much for any light you can shed on these comments.

Tynan

Not sure why anyone would say that. All features including modding are supported.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mystic

Quote from: Tynan on August 29, 2014, 05:19:20 PM
Not sure why anyone would say that. All features including modding are supported.

I'm not sure either ... but I'm just glad to hear you set it straight.  Thanks!

Update: download was fine, and it runs very well so far on my MBP.  Nothing to worry about, I guess!  I look forward to exploring this ... got to start reading through the wiki now so I have some idea of what to do.  :)  Thanks again!

Coenmcj

The original Quote.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 17, 2014, 09:10:48 PM
Is it perhaps one of these things? http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.msg46385#msg46385

Tynan doesn't have much Mac support, but he's trying his best.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

DeltaV

I have a Mac, and Rimworld runs perfectly fine. A bit laggy on larger maps or when zoomed all the way out, but I think that's more my personal specs than the operating system.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

stefanstr

MBP user here, as well. No problems with RimWorld so far.

StorymasterQ

Yeah, that was me. Disclaimer: I'm in no way associated with Ludeon, so you're free to disregard whatever I said in the past or in the future.

I was also away from the Internet during the last week of August so I couldn't clarify my comment. I've done so now, so I hope anyone going into that thread wouldn't be too put off.

I sincerely apologize for any confusion caused.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog