Everyone has power armor and I've never felt so free!

Started by greggbert, May 02, 2018, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greggbert

I decided to stop worrying about the 10% speed/efficiency debuff and every aspect of my life has improved.  My wife and I get along better, my Tonail Fungus went away, the dog stopped eating the cat's food, even walmart milk we buy when we can't be bothered to go the extra 2 miles to Safeway is drinkable now and doesn't taste like the cow was living on a diet of battery acid and onion rings.  I'm a new man.

Apparently micromanaging uniforms like a maniac to avoid that 10% debuff was taking a lot out of me emotionally in all aspects of my life.  This is a public service announcement.  Just give in and give everyone power armor.  You WILL LOVE THE NEW YOU!!!!

saulysw

Mmmmm. Battery acid and onion rings, my favourite.

I've spend 100's of hours playing Rimworld, and am yet to kit a sing pawn with full power armour. But then again, I like the early game so I rarely get that far. I have left the planet once, back a version where it was not so much of a grind to do.

To expand on your suggestion - why exactly are you finding it so good? Because you can not worry about raids now? Because you can do more travel quests / trade missions etc?

vampiresoap

Quote from: greggbert on May 02, 2018, 04:18:51 PM
Apparently micromanaging uniforms like a maniac to avoid that 10% debuff was taking a lot out of me emotionally in all aspects of my life.  This is a public service announcement.  Just give in and give everyone power armor.  You WILL LOVE THE NEW YOU!!!!

Good for you!! I'm the same way. I almost never bother with the micromanagement aspect of the game and try to automate as much as possible.

Also, I wish the power armors in this game look like...power armors. Like the ones in Warhammer 40k or in Fallout 4...The ones we have right now look like bulky motorcycle suits or something.

Ukas

Quote from: vampiresoap on May 03, 2018, 12:19:00 PM
Quote from: greggbert on May 02, 2018, 04:18:51 PM

Good for you!! I'm the same way. I almost never bother with the micromanagement aspect of the game and try to automate as much as possible.

Also, I wish the power armors in this game look like...power armors. Like the ones in Warhammer 40k or in Fallout 4...The ones we have right now look like bulky motorcycle suits or something.

Are there no mods to change the graphics of power armors? For me they are just fine, I tend to dislike anything too fancy.

0cra_tr0per

Quote from: saulysw on May 02, 2018, 10:37:33 PM
Mmmmm. Battery acid and onion rings, my favourite.

Soggy Noodle

inb4 a good shirt and duster gives you more protection
me heathen