Do Mechanoids ever die?

Started by Goo Poni, August 30, 2014, 11:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

I've just entered the second year for my colony, raids are absurdly big, but my colonists are holding them back with the support of multiple redundant shield generators layered over each other inside bunkers.

A few months into the colony, a ship part crashed and started projecting bad juju. Assaulted it, got a few wounded and crippled two mechanoids, one inferno and one blaster. Many months later, they're still out there, wounded and squirming. Testament to their durability if they still function, but then again, their creator forgot to slot nanite repair systems in there too.

MoparGamer

They do die, you could mortar them or wait for a raid party to attack them, (Mechs will still probably win, but they'll feel the pain of war).

Once they're weak most people recommend getting a small group of snipers to wear them down.

Ykara

If you mean the incapcitated mechs; no, they won't die. Thy can't bleed out or starve, so they are lying on the ground forever (or until you decide to finish them off).

Bodog999

I rarely attack them outside of my base got a mod called "Cannons and Turrets" it adds some artillery which I use to attack the ship and after bombarding them for half a minute they assault to my base where I kill them all.

Goo Poni

Quote from: MoparGamer on August 30, 2014, 12:03:16 PM
They do die, you could mortar them or wait for a raid party to attack them, (Mechs will still probably win, but they'll feel the pain of war).

Once they're weak most people recommend getting a small group of snipers to wear them down.
Oh, I went in initially to attack the ship part with 7-8 colonists and sniper rifles with some 50 range to them. Wounded the two centipedes until they were downed but weren't out, then just finished off the ship piece and sold the core for a healthy amount of silver.

Quote from: Ykara on August 30, 2014, 12:09:57 PM
If you mean the incapcitated mechs; no, they won't die. Thy can't bleed out or starve, so they are lying on the ground forever (or until you decide to finish them off).
It's a shame you can't use the dev console to heal them and set them friendly. I'd leave them both up there like wandering muffalo seeing as most sieges spawn pretty much in the same general vicinity as the ship part. It's ruining my colony because the food from past sieges is still up there, so people travel all the way up there to eat the packaged meals on the ground, as well as use them for feeding bed bound people. It's making people unnecessarily hungry.

Quote from: Bodog999 on August 30, 2014, 01:33:37 PM
I rarely attack them outside of my base got a mod called "Cannons and Turrets" it adds some artillery which I use to attack the ship and after bombarding them for half a minute they assault to my base where I kill them all.
I have 12 explosive mortars and another 12 incendiary. If it's not raining, everything BURNS. Want another ship part to drop so I can shell it to death.

Bodog999

It's a shame you can't use the dev console to heal them and set them friendly. I'd leave them both up there like wandering muffalo.
[/quote]
You can make them friendly the only thing you have to do is when they spawn use the def console and use the "make faction friendly" tool just click on some centepides and the'll be wandering neutral pawns. Thats how I got them wanding as passive pawns.

Goo Poni

There's only a make neutral tool and that doesn't affect the Mechanoids it seems.

SSS

Quote from: Goo Poni on August 30, 2014, 01:50:28 PMIt's a shame you can't use the dev console to heal them and set them friendly. I'd leave them both up there like wandering muffalo seeing as most sieges spawn pretty much in the same general vicinity as the ship part. It's ruining my colony because the food from past sieges is still up there, so people travel all the way up there to eat the packaged meals on the ground, as well as use them for feeding bed bound people. It's making people unnecessarily hungry.

Well, you could just forbid the survival meals, or make a few people haul them back to your base. I usually make the pesky colonists who walk half-way across the map for them carry a bunch back before they can eat.

Perishable meals really should be prioritized over survival meals, tbh. I usually keep the survival meals forbidden even back at the base, in case of an emergency.

theapolaustic1

Quote from: SSS on August 30, 2014, 06:48:11 PM
Quote from: Goo Poni on August 30, 2014, 01:50:28 PMIt's a shame you can't use the dev console to heal them and set them friendly. I'd leave them both up there like wandering muffalo seeing as most sieges spawn pretty much in the same general vicinity as the ship part. It's ruining my colony because the food from past sieges is still up there, so people travel all the way up there to eat the packaged meals on the ground, as well as use them for feeding bed bound people. It's making people unnecessarily hungry.

Well, you could just forbid the survival meals, or make a few people haul them back to your base. I usually make the pesky colonists who walk half-way across the map for them carry a bunch back before they can eat.

Perishable meals really should be prioritized over survival meals, tbh. I usually keep the survival meals forbidden even back at the base, in case of an emergency.

Seriously, Ty get on this. They're survival meals, yet the only thing I'm aware of that takes priority over them when a colonist is looking for a meal is a lavish one. Even ignoring the gameplay mechanic annoyance of it, it doesn't make a lick of common sense anyway. Who would eat an MRE before they'd eat a freshly cooked meal? Maybe if you had nothing but boiled potatoes for a couple weeks, sure, but otherwise?

(though speaking of boiled potatoes for a couple weeks, I really hope that after there are more crops/animals available in the game we start getting benefits for a varied diet, even if it's just a negative thought attached to "ate the same thing (once again)" after a few days of repeated simple meals made out of berries or whatnot)

Goo Poni

Quote from: SSS on August 30, 2014, 06:48:11 PM

I eventually did just that to ensure my mentally unstable doctor wasn't trudging cross country for a single meal that she would then give to a prisoner before thinking of herself. Annoyingly, my colonists would gladly trudge all the way to old siege sites to pick up bodies for cremation but they would never go there and collect the food. Hauling priorities would be a nice thing to have in these cases. Round up the army's worth of weapons that are out there while I'm at it.