cant use comms console with my colonist

Started by Soldiers Side, August 31, 2014, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soldiers Side

when i try to right click the console nothing happens unless it doesnt have power it will tell me (no power)
i have trade beacon outside in a stock pile, comms has power, and colonists are capable of social. and there not drafted

MoparGamer

By any chance has the game with this issue been visitor and raider free?

Soldiers Side

i think i might have had visitors but i hadnt had raiders yet i tryed making a few games and only when i like rushed the comms would it let me use them

MoparGamer

Well, I've had a similar issue. But I know the cause, I used a mod called TechTreeMinami when I generated a world, then later decided to remove the mod and created a new game on that world without TTM, this caused factions from the world file to not be loaded as 2 of the factions were TTM dependant. (It also disabled the Comm system for me)

If you open the dev console (Press ` or ~ in-game) and there's any red text take a screenshot (F10) and post it or what it says here.

Soldiers Side

i think that might be a reason i used zombie apocalypse or whatever it is and then started a new game on that world so that must be it  thanks for the help.