Sublimation by minigun

Started by momohedge, August 30, 2014, 12:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momohedge

It seams as if the minigun was capable of disintegrating people, leaving no corpse behind after a kill.
It has happen to me in a play-through during which I was lucky enough to end up getting one, but couldn't record it. I did, though, find evidence that I am not the only one whom it happened to.

Here is a link to a youtube video of RimWorld. Check the 12:56 mark for 20 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSswWAqgFbg&list=UUOHBVUV8aDg4tQiHnUqi_QA

Tynan

Whoa! That's a real weird bug. He just vanished. Will have to watch for that. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ChrisW

I noticed the same when 2 mortar rounds hit the same spot.
The first hit killed somebody, the second evaporated the corpse.
Do dead bodies have hitpoints? It is likely the minigun hit the corpse, doing maybe just enough damage to it to make it disappear like my second mortar hit did.
Check out my Shooting Range in my Western Town to catch some ideas ;)

(Pics updated 3rd of Sept. 14)

Goo Poni

Dead bodies do have hitpoints. So do weapons and dropped armour/clothing. Before the introduction of crematoriums, one could build mass graves and then draft a colonist with molotovs to firebomb the graves, burning the corpses through the power of game logic and freeing up the graves to be used again. Much easier than the alternative of just smothering nearly every square of the map in graves. I don't think miniguns deal enough raw damage to oneshot a corpse though (100 HP) and they certainly aren't accurate enough.