Mod Suggestion - Squirrel Faction

Started by TheXIIILightning, August 30, 2014, 02:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheXIIILightning

Hello, this is just a suggestion for a fun little mod. I haven't had the chance to mess with the code to try it out myself, so hopefully someone more experienced can have an easier time making this.

I think it would be quite fun if squirrels would behave like enemies from another faction. Instead of going deranged whenever the AI tells them to, have said faction raid you at random times. In a similar way that the Zombie mod works.

Imagine the terror it would be to have a horde of 40+ furry creatures rush towards your colony and surrounding raiders/visitors.

I got this idea after 20+ squirrels ganged up and cleaned the surroundings of my base of both zombies and raiders, the raiders having managed to fight both threats in an impressive display of... let's just say that there was bloodshed and a lot of friendly fire. XD

Of course players would have to invent new tactics to fight off this threat, in a similar way that they did for the Muffalo and Zombie threat. I personally like to funnel the enemy into a large or small hallway surrounded with embrasures, then have my colonists pick them off one by one after the entrance to my colony is sealed off.

I know it's cheap, but since Survival is at stake I say that the shame is worth it. ^^

Bodog999

That would be goddamn scary as shit. Its doable I think but I cant do it due to me being a noob at writing dll's and scrips :P

StorymasterQ

Will the squirrel faction have boomrat mortars?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Cpt.Fupa

AY

I'll try and make a faction of squirrels and see what happens  ;D

Cpt.Fupa

Quote from: AY on September 05, 2014, 10:19:27 PM
I'll try and make a faction of squirrels and see what happens  ;D

Cool! Cant wait, when your done send me the link :D

TheXIIILightning

Awesome! I'd love to try it out as well. Obviously XD

Shinzy

A group of squirrels from the Acorn-by-the-hole-in-a-tree have arrived nearby.
They are attacking immediately!

Hooold to your haaats cause it's gna be quite a riiiide!

Edit: Aw darn you lightning you ruined my fake 'transparent background' color! =P

Cpt.Fupa

holy crap thats awesome! now i must get this mod!

TheXIIILightning

Quote from: Shinzy on September 06, 2014, 05:41:38 PM

Edit: Aw darn you lightning you ruined my fake 'transparent background' color! =P

Haha, you should have saved as a .png! X3

Gosh, imagine just how badass it would be to have a squirrel wielding a machinegun. Rocket Racoon is nothing compared to those beastly things!

Cpt.Fupa

Quote from: TheXIIILightning on September 07, 2014, 07:36:07 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on September 06, 2014, 05:41:38 PM

Haha, you should have saved as a .png! X3

Gosh, imagine just how badass it would be to have a squirrel wielding a machinegun. Rocket Racoon is nothing compared to those beastly things!

I think ill just add that skin to my game right now

Dan85