[1.5] Mousekin Race 1.1.3 (27 Jul 2024) - Anthro Mouse Race

Started by sumghai, April 13, 2024, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7sPRtoSCPWzT

Sorry, I wasn't aware I am not supposed to build non-mousekin versions of the buildings. That reduces this problem to a mere visual, good. Because as mentioned, later in the game Stonecutting table become visible in the menu and I could place blueprint, I guess this not supposed to happen.
Yes I use GOG version of the game, on Linux, so I need to place all files where they need to go manually.
I have deleted the save, but I will try to create a new one for you with all mods mentioned.

7sPRtoSCPWzT

I was able to reproduce this problem. Mods exactly the same as I listed in previous post, including Combat Extended. Crossbows don't shoot, aiming timer animation counts to zero then nothing, crossbow is stuck forever.
New save with Mousekin Settlers:
https://ttbit.mine.bz/CombatExtendedSave.7z

sumghai

Quote from: 7sPRtoSCPWzT on September 06, 2024, 09:29:03 AMI was able to reproduce this problem. Mods exactly the same as I listed in previous post, including Combat Extended. Crossbows don't shoot, aiming timer animation counts to zero then nothing, crossbow is stuck forever.
Right, I've figured out what your problem is.

You're trying to load CE after Mousekins, which breaks the compatibility patches. As a general rule, major framework mods like Vanilla Expanded and CE should always be loaded before other mods. As soon as I changed the mod load order to put CE before Mousekins, everything started working again.

7sPRtoSCPWzT

Quote from: sumghai on September 07, 2024, 01:46:30 AM
Quote from: 7sPRtoSCPWzT on September 06, 2024, 09:29:03 AMI was able to reproduce this problem. Mods exactly the same as I listed in previous post, including Combat Extended. Crossbows don't shoot, aiming timer animation counts to zero then nothing, crossbow is stuck forever.
Right, I've figured out what your problem is.

You're trying to load CE after Mousekins, which breaks the compatibility patches. As a general rule, major framework mods like Vanilla Expanded and CE should always be loaded before other mods. As soon as I changed the mod load order to put CE before Mousekins, everything started working again.

That's great to hear. Thank you. I only clicked Auto-sort mods without giving it much thought.
Perhaps you can code in an error message if incorrect load order is detected?

sumghai

Quote from: 7sPRtoSCPWzT on September 07, 2024, 11:42:22 AMThat's great to hear. Thank you. I only clicked Auto-sort mods without giving it much thought.
Perhaps you can code in an error message if incorrect load order is detected?
I'll do you one better - for the next update, I'll specify in the About.xml file to always load Mousekins after Combat Extended, so that Auto-sort will take that into account.