A6 Prisoner Conversion

Started by ApexPredator, August 30, 2014, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApexPredator

Was playing my first A6 game now that school is over and I have not converted any prisoners to join the colony. Six prisoners have been in prison for months and have never had problems like this before. Was a change made in A6 to make it harder to convert?

MoparGamer

Pay attention to their thoughts section, make sure your trying to recruit them (Prisoner tab).

It also helps to have a high social skill warden.

SSS

Make sure you have the "friendly chat" and "try to recruit" options ticked.

Also, if their room is too small/cramped, if they're hungry most of the time, etc., that will cause problems. Check their thoughts for details, like Predator Mopar suggested.

Edit: Wrong name. -.-;

UrbanBourbon

Make sure you're not trying to convert tribals! They're the most difficult. Each prisoner has a recruitment difficulty level, visible in the 'Prisoner' tab.

Goo Poni

I thought it was just because of how many colonists I have. I play in that silly 1366x768 resolution and the colonist overview window now has a scroll bar because I have so many colonists. The colony is getting unnecessarily big from expansions to the living sectors but at the same time, I don't like leaving people out there to die if I can help it and selling them off depresses the colony. At the moment, I have 7-8 prisoners that are all healed up and everything but have 80 difficulty across the board and my nigh unsociable colonists with their social skill of 3 have somewhere around a 5-6% chance to convert. Even my three starting colonists which I gave 20 in all stats and have since degraded to ~14-15 only have like a 20% chance of conversion. The ability to let them go as a goodwill gesture towards their faction would be nice and it'd stop my colony bloat without selling 10 people into slavery at a time.

ApexPredator

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 31, 2014, 05:04:32 AM
Make sure you're not trying to convert tribals! They're the most difficult. Each prisoner has a recruitment difficulty level, visible in the 'Prisoner' tab.

Okay this is good to know. I have spent easily 100+ hours on RM so far and have never had an issue like this converting prisoners. 4 of the 6 are tribals and all are set to friendly chat/medical care/try to recruit. The prison is one of my biggest rooms and they have access to paste dispenser (but have been eating fine meals) and all have beds. They have been in prison for months and I just sold the prison door to let them all escape to remove the "cabin fever serious" debuf. I have covered one of them and sold 3 as they were a huge waste of resources for 3 colonists to take care of.

RemingtonRyder

The thing to bear in mind is that even if you're not converting prisoners, the wardens will improve their Social skill when they have a chat with them.  So keeping one around is useful.