Theory about MECHANOIDS...its a bit interesting and scary...

Started by Zeta Omega, August 31, 2014, 02:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoids....Can they be reasond with?

Yes
No
Unsure

InventorRaccoon

Quote from: Angie on September 17, 2014, 03:13:07 PM
I say strap on a saddle, christen her with the name Taun-Taun, and use her as a transportation device, exploring the land and feeding it slag and scrap metal to keep the inner-ragebeast at bay.
Gee, wouldn't it be fun to have a giant 6 foot evil death machine, armed with a rapid-fire laser cannon and laughs in the face of explosives as a pet?

Garen

Quote from: HatesYourFace on September 13, 2014, 10:01:41 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on September 12, 2014, 05:09:49 PM
This makes me think of the final mission in the original Xcom =P
Just send your guys in the end for that one final mission with no turning back
and watch half of them get mind controlled and panic and shoot eachother right at the doorstep to the main base =P

then barely pull through it and shoot the brain issuing all the orders to the aliens
with your last four remaining guys

Tears were shed that day!

#Offtopic #Memories #Amazingclimax #Unlikethenewxcom #kkthxbai

You mean the one that has pretty much the exact same ending? Where you send your team into the alien ship on a one way suicide mission that most of them won't come back from? The ship that's filled to the brim with mind controlling aliens? I'm not saying new Xcom is better than old Xcom (Xenonauts is better than both of them put together anyways.) but the ending was basically the same.

ironically it was actually my first trooper to get possessed by sectoid commanders that killed the etheral leader. she was an australian who signed up for the MEC project and became both a legend and scary folklore tale for the troops, aliens and civvies. wearing a hat suited to crocadile dundee; donned in an orange painted mech with flamethrowers, railgun and grenade launchers, xcom loved her, until they met sect command, who MC'd her and managed to nearly decimate her entire squad within 2 turns. our french traumatized sniper was calling it quits when command realized Ms King broke free and, redistributed her fiery vengeance on the enemy.

she got given the nickname 'Demon', because xcom truly realized what happens when you make deals with devil... that you will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.

Shinzy

Quote from: HatesYourFace on September 13, 2014, 10:01:41 AMYou mean the one that has pretty much the exact same ending? Where you send your team into the alien ship on a one way suicide mission that most of them won't come back from? The ship that's filled to the brim with mind controlling aliens? I'm not saying new Xcom is better than old Xcom (Xenonauts is better than both of them put together anyways.) but the ending was basically the same.
Basically the same ending with the exception of the new one having to freaking try to have the aliens to explain everything
aliens able to communicate to you and using that new gained ability to spoil all the remaining intrique.. It's like watching a magician perform tricks while explaining how everything works =P

Oh Firaxis.. they're great at making addictive games but fail at proper showdowns at the end =P

they should have switched the Exalt and Alien endings
them Exalts could have used to have ridiculous boss figure who maniacally lays out the whole plan in front of you.. But nooo they decide to take all the secrets with them to the grave.. bastards! *shakes fist*

*Choo choo train labeled "On topic Express" leaves the sidetracks, "Choo choo" he says puffing tracts of smoke up up in the air, "Hoold on tae yer seats guys and gals cauuuse ...Weeee're baaack on track!"*

Rideable centipede mount =P *nods repeatedly in exictement*

Zeta Omega

Centipede mount, lol.

*Base under attack*

DONT WORRY IM COMING!!!
*Centipede moves super slowly in the direction of the base*
.....Yeah...Im still coming....Ill be there eventually

Necronomocoins

Quote from: Zeta Omega on September 07, 2014, 12:28:22 PM
Quote from: Necronomocoins on September 07, 2014, 03:59:59 AM
A rogue AI goes crazy, manufacturing and distributing hostile mechanoids across the galaxy. (ala Skynet with it's Terminators, Shodan from System Shock 2, HAL from 2001 Space Odyssey). Sounds very plausible and was the assumption I made about why they were not in anyone's faction. I think if "re-programming" happens it should be an almost impossible achievement for even the most advanced colonies.
Not me, I didn't say "can't" I said "almost impossible" which means it should be very difficult but not impossible.
Hackers and programmers can do a lot of interesting stuff these days, Who says that a futuristic society like Rimworld cant reprogram a scythe to DEFEND then ATTACK