Art stat

Started by Taboo102, August 31, 2014, 05:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taboo102

Does anyone know what this will be used for?

Cyclops

I suppose it will be happiness related. The ability to draw, compose musical pieces, improve upon walls like engraving in DF.

I suppose you could also sell the paintings for extra silver or give them to tribes/colonies as a peace offering. Of course, this is just pure speculation on my part.

ShootyFace

The fact the attribute has been 'in' and useless for so many alphas has made me want a way to utilize it badly. Very curious to see how art gets implemented. Being able to modify ugly furniture, walls, floors as well as maybe adding beauty stats to gear would be pretty cool.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

BetaSpectre

Engrave more cheese pls.

I think that Art will let you craft knick nacks in the future to trade, and/or make engravings that will boost morale.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

daft73

Quote from: BetaSpectre on August 31, 2014, 09:53:14 PM
Engrave more cheese pls.

I think that Art will let you craft knick nacks in the future to trade, and/or make engravings that will boost morale.
This is the tale I here as well. Artworks you can use for profit/morale. This is all speculation at the moment. I remember a few alphas back,(say alpha 3,4 and before) meds were on the fence...they just took up space on your base. Arts time will come soon ;)

BetaSpectre

As will missles and Shells.

I feel like Missles will be used by your ship and Shells by a new cannon/turret.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Quasarrgames

I hope art gets implemented into the stuff system as well. It would be cool to be able to paint intricate designs on random objects. I want turrets that look beautyful!  ;D
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Cyclops

YES! POTATO ART EVERYWHERE!

StorymasterQ

Draw something on the missiles. At least the raiders will see a smiley face during their last second alive.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

LordJulian

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 02, 2014, 02:42:00 AM
Draw something on the missiles. At least the raiders will see a smiley face during their last second alive.

So this is why they call it dying with style.

Xerberus86

next alpha "removed art stat" :P

EscapeZeppelin

I'd like to see something were you could use the art stat to "beautify" constructed items. The improved items increase the pleasantness of the environment and you could do something visually simple like replace the stock art with something nicer. And if you're simply replacing the stock art you could have several choices. It would make colonies more visually interesting and distinct.

christhekiller

Perhaps a job at the stonecutter that creates stone statues from the rock. Perhaps as a form of pure profit, higher art skill means higher quality statue and thusly more money.

Raufgar

....Granite Throne decorated with spikes of Emerald.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Woolly

I'd like to see art used for idle colonists instead of wondering around aimlessly they actually take a relaxing break and enjoy themselves. Any of the following and more would be acceptable: dawing, painting, carving, writing, playing a musical instrument. This would allow a means to calm some of the more agitated colonists and keep them from losing their mind.