(Alpha 6) Hydroponics grow during the night again.

Started by kidlonewolf, September 01, 2014, 06:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidlonewolf

Hello, i'm new to the forums and to modding RimWorld. I would just like some help finding the location of the file that determines when hydroponics stops growing for the night so i can remove or change it. I would much rather have it growing 24/7 to make up for the time and effort it takes unlock  and then build. My Farm was very big and took to long to work on so i wanted to make a small indoor farm that would give just as much if not more food because it should be able to grow 24/7. I seen someone else use a method similar to this one iv started to enjoy seeing in my base.
I hope someone would kindly give me a heads up or a howto to achieve what i'm looking for.

Ps: I don't want a dang hopper!

kidlonewolf

Sorry to bump this topic, but i would really like to get this sorted. I don't need my hand held or anything, just an idea of where to look. Thanks in advance! 8)

Rikiki

The principle of hydroponics is to be able to grow plants in nutrient liquids so you don't need fertile earth. The plants still need light to grow so just place a sunlamp near hydroponics and plants will grow 24/24.

I don't think you need to change game data for that ;) but if you still want, you may look into Mods/Core/Defs/ThingDefs/Plants_Cultivated.xml and change <growMinGlow>Lit</growMinGlow>.
The available values are Dark, Lit and Overlit.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Rikiki on September 03, 2014, 01:25:19 AM
The principle of hydroponics is to be able to grow plants in nutrient liquids so you don't need fertile earth. The plants still need light to grow so just place a sunlamp near hydroponics and plants will grow 24/24.

I don't think you need to change game data for that ;) but if you still want, you may look into Mods/Core/Defs/ThingDefs/Plants_Cultivated.xml and change <growMinGlow>Lit</growMinGlow>.
The available values are Dark, Lit and Overlit.

He is referring to a change in Alpha 6 that puts plants on a natural timer so they will not grow at night, regardless of the light in the area.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

kidlonewolf

He is referring to a change in Alpha 6 that puts plants on a natural timer so they will not grow at night, regardless of the light in the area.

Yes this change in Alpha 6 is what i would like to change back. I will look in the location provided above and see if i can find something.

kidlonewolf

Still no luck so my original question still yearns for an answer.  ;D