Just wanted to say great game!

Started by Teln3t, September 01, 2014, 10:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teln3t

I actually torrented the game to start with (just to see if it was good).

But it was! And I just payed for the game because this guy deserves it!

So yeah, great game....can't wait to see what else you have in store!

BetaSpectre

The game really is worth it, and funny enough for all the hate Torrenting a game to try it out really does work like advertising a game.

I've recommended the game to a few other people and at least one person bought it.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Tynan

Why thank you very much!

And we're not even done :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

DarkMyau

Can't you just watch a "lets play" like I did. I only download really old games (SEGA MS and MD and NES and SNES)

I watched Christonians pre alpha ones and raged at how small he made the bedrooms lol. Deciding I could do a better job, I bout the pre alpha....I was owned a few times before it started to click.

Cant help but wonder though if never having played Dwarf Fortress (and never will) is a disadvantage?

Teln3t

Quote from: DarkMyau on September 02, 2014, 01:31:17 AM
Can't you just watch a "lets play" like I did. I only download really old games (SEGA MS and MD and NES and SNES)

I watched Christonians pre alpha ones and raged at how small he made the bedrooms lol. Deciding I could do a better job, I bout the pre alpha....I was owned a few times before it started to click.

Cant help but wonder though if never having played Dwarf Fortress (and never will) is a disadvantage?

Dwarf Fortress would definitely help! But DF has a huge learning curve. The immensity of DF is un-paralleled in its own respect.

But many of the core concepts of this game come from DF, so having played DF helps....but it inst a necessity at all.

Raufgar

Quote from: Teln3t on September 02, 2014, 01:40:44 AM
Quote from: DarkMyau on September 02, 2014, 01:31:17 AM

Dwarf Fortress would definitely help! But DF has a huge learning curve. The immensity of DF is un-paralleled in its own respect.

But many of the core concepts of this game come from DF, so having played DF helps....but it inst a necessity at all.

Having played DF myself, I would say that it has prepared me to accept a colony's failure from FUN :

Large herd of insane muffalo rushing my base? FUN.
Ship Part dropping onto my main food stockpile? FUN.
Forgot about feeding your colonists while designing your uber-colony? FUN.

Also, it taught me how to make the most of space when designing colony rooms. Mine always looks like a prison...long, dimly lit hallways, punctuated regularly by drab doors, all powered by looooong overhead power cables... 
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.