will she wake up again?

Started by Xerberus86, September 02, 2014, 07:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerberus86

hey, one of my very important colonists (only have 4 with her atm) has some serious injuries and she is still unconscious, my question is if she will wake up again and if she will be at least kinda useful.

HatesYourFace

If my own Colonist who took a bullet to the brain is any indication she will eventually wake up, but she will probably function at a reduced capacity. She will most likely work and walk very slowly, my own Colonist does everything at 30% speed since he was shot in the head. She won't be terribly useful for anything but cleaning duty I'm afraid.

If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

ChrisW

Could be helpful to see the entire health page to see how serious the wound is.
Check out my Shooting Range in my Western Town to catch some ideas ;)

(Pics updated 3rd of Sept. 14)

Xerberus86

Quote from: HatesYourFace on September 02, 2014, 08:02:53 PM
If my own Colonist who took a bullet to the brain is any indication she will eventually wake up, but she will probably function at a reduced capacity. She will most likely work and walk very slowly, my own Colonist does everything at 30% speed since he was shot in the head. She won't be terribly useful for anything but cleaning duty I'm afraid.

dang, i might reload a previous autosave. it's the first colony which actually kinda worked and not went crazy  by people going nuts. 5 colonists were my top number since i bought the game 2-3 days ago and this colony is the best i've got since then. i started playing from the start with TTM because vanilla is kinda boring after an hour (you have build everything, no progression and no challenge). i love this mod but you do struggle. i haven't played before alpha6 but from what i read online it seems that the new injury system made it harder for you colonists, which is ok but if you have a mod installed which makes it even more harder than it brings me to tears. the was my best researcher, warden / trader and doctor......now she is a vegetable. she literally sleeps since 10 minutes with 2x - 3x speed and she has to be fed, i hope she wakes up soon and i can make her the cleaning lady x'D.

how the f* am i supposed to grow? sometimes i get some wanderers but if i wanna capture them then a message appears that this will negatively impact my relations with their faction....should i do it anyway?

HatesYourFace

Sometimes random people will show up to join your Colony but it's rare, Capturing enemies alive is the best/easiest way. Slave ships come through every now and then as well and you can purchase new Colonists from them. As far as capturing neutral wanderers it's a toss up, I usually capture Tribes people as they aren't that hard to defend against. If you really need more Colonists and they have decent stats then go for it, you're going to be attacked by something at some point, might as well be the tribe of people you ticked off lol. I'd recommend staying friendly with the Towns though, when they get mad at you they tend to show up with power armor and R-4 charge rifles. But mainly I wouldn't get so bent out of shape about one Colonist, pretty soon you'll have more of them then you know what to do with:

And you'll wish they'd stop showing up/converting so you'd have less Cryptosleep pods to build! Lol.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Xerberus86

Quote from: ChrisW on September 02, 2014, 08:04:23 PM
Could be helpful to see the entire health page to see how serious the wound is.

brain hp was 2/10 if that helps.

@HatesYourFace: well i would love to get more than 4-5 guys, i am playing with techtree minami and its quite harder than vanilla but also a lot more fun :).

Reaper

if the brain hp went that low, I recommend setting them on fire and leaving them to die, currently running about a 16+ colony on randy random rough, There just a sap of resources now, besides there a vegetable they will not know there on fire. Or just build a 2 thick stone room around them somewhere and let them go in peace.

IF YA GOT A SOFT HEART RIMWORLD DOES NOT, I regularly capture people with some of the worst traits to use as slave warriors, that i put out front, so say i find someone with any work or mental issue at all, i recruit them and send them to die, often i have the next one strip the body of the last. That way all my regular people who are good and fully able of anything. don't horrible risk injury that i would need to let them go because of....

BetaSpectre

How barbaric of you!

Lay the patient upon a field of flowers and let the fellow members of the GLORIOUS colony of <name> preside over this solemn occasion!

Upon the Daylilies they shall send hymns of socialites to those present living or otherworldly.

Upon the bed of flowers let the rain of sorrow be lifted by the jubilant flames of one last drink. One last molotov. Then after the ember of life passes from this world to the next let those presiding mull over the occasion in the Daylilies.

As time passes the congregation will disperse and reflect upon the meaning of this world and the next.

(*I has church i use to dispose/incinerate nobodies)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

ZestyLemons

Quote from: HatesYourFace on September 02, 2014, 08:02:53 PM

-screenshot-

This is pretty interesting, I didn't think a brain injury that severe was survivable without becoming a vegetable.

Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Xerberus86

ok, i have played since my last post and she NEVER woke up. it was just a mouth to feed which didn't add anything but more work. well, i stopped everyone about doctering / feeding her and after about several ingame days she died. after that i was attacked by around 20 tribalmen, lucky enough i figured out which resources a good to trade and figurines are indeed tradeable and kinda OP ^^. i had 8 turrets in my entrance + 4 pitfall traps + 8-10 nail-floors or what these metal thingies are. i survived the onslaught without any losses:

after that my whole colony started dying of starvation....it seems i had no raw or prepared food ready and the only things eatable where the plants to be harvested....the ones to harvest were of course in hospital beds and so the starvations continues. the game is sometimes REALLY frustrating...R-E-A-L-L-Y! in dwarf fortress if you have no alcohol (their main drink) then they go for water on either a river or pool, if you have no food in dwarf fortress then the dwarfs harvest plants on their own and eat them, hell if they don't find any good plants to eat they hunt for rats, frogs and other vermins with their freaking bare hands to survive, but our rimworld colonists are crafting & hauling and suddenly i get the message that they are dead....wtf. -.-

Edit: @ZestyLemons, it is kinda fatal....she stayed vegetable for some real-life hours now and i pulled the plug.

BoxOfDoom

As cruel as it may be, I always sell my cripples into slavery.

I had a colonist whose legs got blown off. By a shortbow. Dunno how that happened, but i digress.

He lay in his bed, unable to do anything, so I designated his bed for prisoners, which caused him to fall out of it. Then someone "captured" him.
Sold him to the next slave trader for around 300 silver.

So at least he financed the colony! Which was destroyed by mechanoid centipedes 2 days later.
Karma I guess.

Reaper

ok NOW THAT IS BARBARIC SELLING YOUR OWN PEOPLE TO SLAVERS!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the whole church thing
I will be sure to give my next pawn who falls victim to the brainshot/legshot that kinda send off, then take the body and turn it into synthmeat. But only after they leave the world... sniff

Raufgar

The whole slaver ship/wanderer/drop pod thing is tied to the storyteller and difficulty that you are playing under. The higher the difficulty, the less often they come by, until when you hit the pop cap (which is also dictated by the ST), then they stop coming by altogether. The only way left to increase your harem colonists would be taking prisoners from raids. Or grabbing people from neighbors who are still visiting your colony...
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Merry76

Quote from: Reaper on September 02, 2014, 11:29:37 PM
ok NOW THAT IS BARBARIC SELLING YOUR OWN PEOPLE TO SLAVERS!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the whole church thing

But how much silver are 30 shekels? The bible also doesnt tell if you get less if the slave-to-be has an old gunshot wound in the brain. Probably wasnt as common back then  ;D

Seriously though, its a wonder they even take cripples as slaves. Maybe the slavers already have alpha 7, and can fix them up for a better selling price? Or they use a non-canon mod. The possibilities are endless  8)

BetaSpectre

Slaves can breed.
Slaves can be used.
Some people have certain odd tastes.
And desires.

Hate to say it, but if the environment was permitting I probably would have bought a few crippled young slaves along with an army.

People are the worst and the best species after all.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO