Game started without free pistol

Started by CosmicKobal, November 04, 2013, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicKobal

I was playing on tough Kassandra Classic and when the drop pods opened, i looked around for the pistol only to see that there wasnt one. I even built an equipment rack and reset the priorities to only hauling and cleaning. I was hoping that a colonist would find the pistol behind a cactus or something. It didnt work though.

Again, sorry for the no apostrophe. Slashes and apostrophes make firefox crash for me.

playing version 0.0.250 on 64 bit windows 7

I tried to take a screenshot, but i think my pc has a virus. going to wipe it and hope that these issues resolve themselves :)

SteveAdamo

hey there  CosmicKobal... any chance you have an early save game when you first noticed the missing weapon? if so, please attach it here...

CosmicKobal

SteveAdamo

Quote from: CosmicKobal on November 04, 2013, 08:37:23 PM
Sorry, I didnt think to save it :(

no worries! just be on the lookout for it in the future, i suppose... :)

CosmicKobal

can you tell me where I would find the save files please?

SteveAdamo

Quote from: CosmicKobal on November 04, 2013, 08:52:18 PM
can you tell me where I would find the save files please?

i believe they are located here:

Users\[Current user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\

CosmicKobal

I couldn't seem to find it in the windows.old folder that was left after i wiped the drive. I assumed it would be in there but I guess not. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it happening again. anyone else is more than free to post their own findings of course.

mrseeker

It takes a while for me for the pistol to spawn. It doesnt seem to spawn directly at the start, but rather after a good night's sleep.

British

Quote from: CosmicKobal on November 04, 2013, 10:00:03 PM
I couldn't seem to find it in the windows.old folder that was left after i wiped the drive.
It's not in the Windows folder, but in the Users one, as SteveAdamo hinted.

You should be able to reach that folder by entering this in your explorer bar:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\

CosmicKobal

There isn't even an 'appdata' folder in my 'users' folder

and the reason i was looking in windows.old is because when i wiped the drive, it stores everything in that folder for backup purposes until you decide to delete it. so i figured i would find it in there instead of in the new users folder that had been created.

unfortunately though, I even did a search for appdata and didn't find any results

SteveAdamo

Quote from: CosmicKobal on November 05, 2013, 09:07:36 AM
unfortunately though, I even did a search for appdata and didn't find any results

what OS are you on? if you click start, and in the search box (or click run) type in %appdata% ... you should hopefully see the "roaming" folder appear...

enystrom8734

Quote from: CosmicKobal on November 05, 2013, 09:07:36 AM
There isn't even an 'appdata' folder in my 'users' folder

and the reason i was looking in windows.old is because when i wiped the drive, it stores everything in that folder for backup purposes until you decide to delete it. so i figured i would find it in there instead of in the new users folder that had been created.

You have to enable hidden folders in order to see it in your users files.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/show-hidden-files-windows-7.htm

Then you should be able to find it in your users directory, other wise as steve said, typing in %appdata% should take you directly to the folder.

EDIT: Started several new games and pistol was always there. If you can get us a save or anything that will be very helpful!
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

CosmicKobal

KK, I found the save files once I enabled hidden files. I'll  keep an eye out for this happening in the future and make sure to make appropriate saves.

British

I don't know about you guys, but here (on Win7) my %APPDATA% actually points to AppData\Roaming...
That's why I used %USERPROFILE% instead.