Guard Duty

Started by LordJulian, September 03, 2014, 01:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordJulian

Well, for those colonist who learn through their childhood by watching them 80s action flicks as their hobby and nothing else.

I always find it distressing that some of my colonist are on the far side of the attacking raiders when they decide to invade my colony. Having guard duty spots or patrol spots where they get active and fire upon psychotic rampaging animals or preemptively stopping the invaders would be a great idea.

BetaSpectre

You can draft colonists,
If you mean that you can draft (worthless) Rich/nobles to patrol a wall or perimeter I'm cool with that. because it makes sense.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

LordJulian

The thing is, you have to micromanage the colonist when they're drafted. If they strave to death, it really doesn't bother them much. If there is a guard post or a patrol route where the colonists would take turns to do so but will get relieved to make sure they get food and rest. Makes more sense when suddenly a whole bunch of raiders dropped right in front of your yard and all of your colonists are at the back mining.

It makes a great opportunity to roleplay too, and makes more sense that you have guards at the colony when the rest are outside mining.

JimmyAgnt007

Solar panels, Batteries, Turrets.  Plop them around the edge of the map to busy the raiders while you get your people in place.  No need for food or anything.  Just lots of metal to replace them.