[MOD] (Alpha 8) Nuclear Power Plant

Started by eatKenny, December 24, 2014, 12:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ded1

Well i think i will modify mine to allow a roof.  Look at the genii in Stargate Atlantis.  They have nuclear reactors underground all over the place.  Dont worry, im not going to share it or anything, just for personal use.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Vas

Yes, so?  Stargate Atlantis is all about fiction.  I don't remember theirs but I believe that race had radiation containment issues and still needed to vent the heat and such from it.  My reactor will also remain too large for a roof, so yea, you not only have to edit it to allow a roof but have to make it shrink too.  It isn't flamable, so you don't need to hide it from anything.  You can't walk on it either, so you don't need to protect it against raider drops.  Raiders can't walk on it.  If it gets hit by mortar fire, you simply repair it.

I don't understand why people have to hide inside a mountain so deep nothing  can hurt them.  Even if the outside advantage is having a nuclear reactor capable of producing extreme amounts of power.  So much so that they will never need to build another power building ever again.  It has to have SOME disadvantage, giving it a roof and making it mini is taking away two of it's disadvantages.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Ded1

I didnt shrink it.  I never said anything about shrinking it.  I like to build inside mountains and when i have to place parts of my base outside it ruins the feel.  So i simply changed it so i could build inside.  The reactors grid is small enough it fits under a roof with room to spare.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

eatKenny

so basically a 10x10 size texture look like this?

Vas

Ded1, I was talking about my mod, not this mod.  :P  So if you changed something, it was this guy's mod, not mine since it isn't online yet.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

eatKenny

@Vas:

just made a texture for your reactor.

[attachment deleted due to age]

eatKenny

@Vas:

updated version

[attachment deleted due to age]