[MOD](Alpha 7) Mining&Co.: Deepdriller MkII + MMS MkII (V3.2, 31-10-14)

Started by Rikiki, September 03, 2014, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Hi guys. A hotfix is available in the main post concerning the recipes bug when loading a savegame.
This was tested fast, so please report any remaining bug... :P

Wex

There's a weird interaction between this mod and Miscellaneus by Haplo. The traders that come in caravans should put up a tent; instead it firstly became a huge electronic workstation, then a huge lump of meat, then a mass of cave walls, then a huge bullet wound, a huge turret, a huge white hat.
All of this while mantaining the tent function of being a merchant.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

BinaryBlackhole

Do you have to start a new colony for the updated version if you are replacing a previous version of the mod?

Rikiki

No, "hotfix" means it is just a small bug correction so no need to restart a colony from V3.1 -> V3.2. :)

I messed a little with the previous version numbers. I will use the following system next:
VX.Y
o when Y is incremented, no need to start a new world/colony (if not told otherwise!).
o when X is incremented, starting a new world/colony is mandatory...

@Wex: I will check it tonight but I never had a report of this bug before...

VStraken

Just to let you know, it appears that this mod and the Forticfications mod have a minor incompatibility that seems to be easily fixable on the downloader's end. The problem was that doors would lose the second lock button (the one that cycles between normal/key access/lockdown/open). I found that it could be fixed if one disabled, then re-enabled the Deepdriller package, followed by restarting the game. A minor problem but maybe something to keep in mind?

Rikiki

Again, I'm quite surprised! :o
Deepdriller is a standalone mod that doesn't modify anything from core or any other mods... Why would the door button be unavailable?!? ???
In my testings, it does even not require you to restart the game once activated (even if its safer like for any mod).
I will also check it tonight. :)

cyrus

i cant your mode install properly...
after all researches always have only basic drill in mining workshop, and sometimes have only batteries from potatos in electronic.
There is my steps:
got both mining co 3.2 and mining deep drill 3.2
activate both, creating new map. Not working...

Rikiki

Have you deleted any previous version to be sure?
Have you created a new world/colony?

cyrus

Quote from: Rikiki on November 14, 2014, 05:38:15 PM
ofc i did. today i will try to use your mode without other mods to check compability.

upd. its working when game without mods...
i have theese mods: A2B, Apparello, BodyBank v1.4, EdBInterface, EdBPrepareCarefully, M&Co. Common (3.2), M&Co. Deepdriller+MMS(3.2), MaterialCrops, MoreTurrets, NewRecipeNurse, ProjectArmory215, PurpleIvy, SimpleTorch, SuperiorCrafting, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Tech Tree Minami A7(full pack), Turrets Pack.
Best idea that is your mode make some conflicts with superior crafting.

upd2. found solution. Just need to rebuild mining and electronics workbenches. After that they will have new craft options.

indiecosmic

Quote from: cyrus on November 15, 2014, 02:45:31 AM
Quote from: Rikiki on November 14, 2014, 05:38:15 PM
ofc i did. today i will try to use your mode without other mods to check compability.

upd. its working when game without mods...
i have theese mods: A2B, Apparello, BodyBank v1.4, EdBInterface, EdBPrepareCarefully, M&Co. Common (3.2), M&Co. Deepdriller+MMS(3.2), MaterialCrops, MoreTurrets, NewRecipeNurse, ProjectArmory215, PurpleIvy, SimpleTorch, SuperiorCrafting, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Tech Tree Minami A7(full pack), Turrets Pack.
Best idea that is your mode make some conflicts with superior crafting.

upd2. found solution. Just need to rebuild mining and electronics workbenches. After that they will have new craft options.

I've run into this problem as well. Even though I researched the whole mining techtree the only bills available in the mining and electronic workbenches are the basic ones. Rebuilding the workbenches doesn't help, nor does activating/deactivating the mods. I'm playing on a fresh map too.

Rikiki

Are you sure you use the latest version? There was a bug with the recipes in the previous V3.1 version...

Could you please send me your savegame+world file and the list of mods you are using?
Thanks for the report :)

Edit: added bugged version to be clear.

indiecosmic

Quote from: Rikiki on November 24, 2014, 04:03:06 AM
Are you sure you use the latest version? There was a bug with the recipes in the last version...

Could you please send me your savegame+world file and the list of mods you are using?
Thanks for the report :)

Well, this is embarrassing. I was using v3.1  :-[. Thanks for your fast response, and a great mod. :)

Wex

The V3.2 fixed the issue with the mining table.
The technology one is still broken. Only batteries from potatoes left.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

nuschler22

How do you get the colonists to install the pipes/drill bits to the driller?

I have everything sitting right next to the driller but they won't install.

Rikiki

@nuschler22: did you click on the buttons to start extraction?
Do you have miner guys?
Is the deepdriller powered?

QuoteThe technology one is still broken. Only batteries from potatoes left.
@Wex: I don't understand what you say. What is "technology one"?
"M&Co. Deepdriller V3.2" fixes the mining workbench. You must of course also have "M&Co. Common V3.2" to fix the electronics workbench...