[MOD](Alpha 7) Mining&Co.: Deepdriller MkII + MMS MkII (V3.2, 31-10-14)

Started by Rikiki, September 03, 2014, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Sorry. That was me being extra dumb.
How didn't I notice it myself?!?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Patrykbono20

Thank you for this great mod, but it may add more possibility to dig geysers. Could a mod and any other such thing probably does not exist.

Rikiki

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on November 29, 2014, 02:12:17 AM
Thank you for this great mod, but it may add more possibility to dig geysers. Could a mod and any other such thing probably does not exist.

Dear client, as you can read in our manual, digging geysers is not the purpose of this machine. :(
Mining & Co. only uses steam to power its machines and... harvest more ore! ;D
However, check the Jaxxa Phoenix company. They offer what you need to dig geysers. ;)

Romancandle64

I can't find the compressor anywhere, I did unlock it but i cant find the blue prints

Rikiki

It is an extension of the Deepdriller. Just click on the machine and then on the third button named like "Silver: need extension".
Same process fot the deep mineral sonar. ;)

Romancandle64

Quote from: Rikiki on December 07, 2014, 06:26:02 AM
Its an extension of the Deepdriller. Just click on the machine and then on the third button named like "Silver: need extension".
Same process fot the deep mineral sonar. ;)
k thanks, i thought it meant i needed the extension before i could use the function

Vingolf

Rikiki

;D Well spoke Jullia!

There is no real ETA as I wanted to rework some parts of this mod (like the ability to man the deep mineral sonar...).
There is also a problem with the rock chunk generation. Should I spawn random block, only the one from the area, allow the user to select the desired kind of rock...
Next version may also be more random (extraction time, broken drill heads, ...) so all of this will take time!

Please be patient, "All things come to those who wait"! ;)
I might predict ETA: 2-4 weeks depending on my free time with approaching Christmas and New Year...

Vingolf

Quote from: Rikiki on December 12, 2014, 03:37:43 AM
;D Well spoke Jullia!
I might predict ETA: 2-4 weeks depending on my free time with approaching Christmas and New Year...

Back to 7-0 then... 8-0 would be rather boring with only Apothecarius in it...
...unless i could build myself a cryopod to wait until Christmas.
Waiting is wasting for people like me (c).

Vingolf

Can we have v.8 first please? Then you can get back to "adding\fixing\other stuff" and devote as much time as you want. Even untill v.9 !

Rikiki

Dear customers, we are sorry to disappoint you but it seems Mining & Co. is having some trouble with the Traders confederacy... ;)
In fact, after a small chat with Tynan, I am reviewing Mining & Co. mods.
As I have only few time to mod/play, I am not willing to maintain mods that Tynan doesn't like and I am not fond of.
*emotional sequence with sad violin music* Game content being extended each release, it is the normal life cycle of a mod to die at some point... :'(
*OK, stop this sh*t, you're breaking my ears with your wrong notes* ;D

=> Deepdriller will not be updated as it breaks basic game mechanics (infinite resources and fake-3D). Plus, rock chunk getting cought by the stuff system, this would lead to even increased code complexity.
=> Mineral sonar will be updated with simplified mechanics as I really love it (no more battery cells, more realistic way to get energy pack, work in progress for now...).
=> I don't know if I will update mining pick and hand driller as ItchyFlea already provides their equivalents (though advanced ones are quite costly in my opinion :P).

Note: this mod is licensed under Creative Common license, so anyone can grab the provided sources from Alpha 7 and release an adaptation of it (with proper credit of course ;)). :)

Xfortran

Interesting.  I'm not sure I agree with the reasoning of why you are discontinuing portions of the mod (its not like an mmo where breaking game mechanics effects other players) but as you note, the code is there for anyone to play with.

Dead_End_Road

Does that mean the Security enforcement is also not going to be updated?

sidfu

if u wanted it to feel
Quote from: Rikiki on December 15, 2014, 07:46:15 AM
Dear customers, we are sorry to disappoint you but it seems Mining & Co. is having some trouble with the Traders confederacy... ;)
In fact, after a small chat with Tynan, I am reviewing Mining & Co. mods.
As I have only few time to mod/play, I am not willing to maintain mods that Tynan doesn't like and I am not fond of.
*emotional sequence with sad violin music* Game content being extended each release, it is the normal life cycle of a mod to die at some point... :'(
*OK, stop this sh*t, you're breaking my ears with your wrong notes* ;D

=> Deepdriller will not be updated as it breaks basic game mechanics (infinite resources and fake-3D). Plus, rock chunk getting cought by the stuff system, this would lead to even increased code complexity.
=> Mineral sonar will be updated with simplified mechanics as I really love it (no more battery cells, more realistic way to get energy pack, work in progress for now...).
=> I don't know if I will update mining pick and hand driller as ItchyFlea already provides their equivalents (though advanced ones are quite costly in my opinion :P).

Note: this mod is licensed under Creative Common license, so anyone can grab the provided sources from Alpha 7 and release an adaptation of it (with proper credit of course ;)). :)
dont see why instead of infiite resouces but have nodes of metal and such but underground they have so much in each. to keep it simple in coding have where its just a dot u build the miner at and that dot only has so much. so say this node might have just 500 but one across the map might have 2k. each drill upgrade mines differnt metals. rocks chunks can be removed from it and instead have a increased chance to get rock chunks when u mine mountains with the hand drills.