[MOD](Alpha 7) Mining&Co.: Deepdriller MkII + MMS MkII (V3.2, 31-10-14)

Started by Rikiki, September 03, 2014, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

@Dead_End_Road:
=> Alert speaker will definitely be updated!
=> I am still wondering about laser weapons... but I think I will update them too.

@sidfu: interresting ideas, I may check it later but for now, I have other project in mind with Green Corp. and Security enforcement. :)

eatKenny

Quote from: Rikiki on December 16, 2014, 03:32:39 PM
=> I am still wondering about laser weapons... but I think I will update them too.

i just updated my mod to A8, your default laser projectile dll seems work fine in A8. ;)

Dead_End_Road

Quote from: Rikiki on December 16, 2014, 03:32:39 PM
@Dead_End_Road:
=> Alert speaker will definitely be updated!
Well I hope you do its one of my favorite mods.

Vingolf

Yeh, well... Limited ammount of resources + limited map + lack of alternative ways of getting metal + ??? + constant need of resources (you know, raids tend to damage your stuff) = game over.
I hope you'll rethink it.

thefinn

Quote from: Vingolf on December 23, 2014, 02:53:57 AM
Yeh, well... Limited ammount of resources + limited map + lack of alternative ways of getting metal + ??? + constant need of resources (you know, raids tend to damage your stuff) = game over.

Agreed + other mods like the zombie apocalypse mod totally revamp certain "balance" assumptions you've made.

And mod packs like TTM require 10x more resources in order to build everything that's needed or plainly just wanted, you need to be able to replenish those resources from SOMEWHERE.

I have modded games myself, I gotta say, modders should NEVER assume that their mod is the only mod that's going to be running on peoples' game installs. Allow balance to be done by the player - allow config files to change the time between mining cycles or allow limits of metal/uranium per hour or something.

Plenty of other options available here.

HBKRKO619

I agree to.
It's not an online game, it's not affect the experience of other players so I don't see why illimited amount of resource is a problem for anyone o-O You can up the research or the amount of resource to create the deepdriller to balance all of that if it's really a problem (but one more time, I don't see where it's one). On the 98 mods I used on alpha 7, yours was easily and without a doubt in my top 5 and it made me a little sad to see to say you don't want to update this :( Please, really, please, reconcider with some balance like I suggested if you want.

konst

Acctually I do not believe this is the problem in current RimWorld versions. In the past indeed the merchants without TTM mod were arriving really rarely, and you were ending up totally frustrated with no metal. Right now the merchants come more often. Even without TTM there are mods that add more merchants ( Miscellaneous w MAI adds merchants that visit you in person with a really cool looking tent). And the bulks traders bring metal in thousands. You can easily cheply purchase enough to keep you happy. I managed to have few thousands of metal in one moment just because of that. I found a bigger problem in this version to get enough of right stone (as traders usually have only two or three types) :D So yes, metal is infite now if you just remember to buy it from traders.

I will miss the drill for it graphics thou. Maybe make it only to provide some finite stone, maybe some finite metal and some exotic resource, and only to be able to provide in one spot untill it is depleted and then move somewhere else. E.g.  limestone rocks are given by drill mainly in limestone layer with a little bit of another few stones(cause there might be different layers deep down) and a finite and random amount of resource characteristic for limestone layer.
Mu! Mu! Muuuu!

Vingolf

Quote from: konst on December 24, 2014, 09:06:06 AM

Blah...

So, you suggest us to substitute this mod with MTT ? A mod that only adds additional traders selling stuff at lower price ? That would ruin the gameplay, that's like cheating. The point of Mining&Co mod was not only presenting to a player ADDITIONAL source of metal, it also was implementing ADDITIONAL research, content, which was extending game limits and allowing player to earn better game expeirence (enjoy the game).
You must be kidding.

@ModCreator:
There are many ways of reducing the influence of your mod, if you are so concerned of it to be over powered. Why don't you create "mining spots" across the map, which you'll have to discover first with sonars, archeological scanner, etc (you'll think of it yourself). By doing so, you'll extend some mid\early game experience and ensure your colony with reliable metal source at later stages of the game. Ofcourse those "minig zones" would be exhaustible. (BTW I go this idea from EvE-Online planetary interaction). http://www.rogerhughston.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/PlanetaryInteraction3.png White spot - mining spot, other colors "iz bleh".

konst

Quote from: Vingolf on December 24, 2014, 09:30:14 AM

Blah...

So, you suggest us to substitute this mod with MTT ? A mod that only adds additional traders selling stuff at lower price ? That would ruin the gameplay, that's like cheating. The point of Mining&Co mod was not only presenting to a player ADDITIONAL source of metal, it also was implementing ADDITIONAL research, content, which was extending game limits and allowing player to earn better game expeirence (enjoy the game).
You must be kidding.

Well, I am saying that you already get with traders more metal than you need. And if you do not like to plan in advance, and think what you will need in future when buying. Then you have mods that make the traders come more often. Metal currently in RimWorld is pretty much an infinite resource as long as you have money (and if you dont get enough raiders to sellt their stuff, then it is pretty simple to develop small production economy). Actually having an infite mining (as you were previously complaining about limited resouces in the post I quoted) in one place is cheating and breaks the logic of reality and game. It was nice to build if you don't want to bother yourself with mining, but it is pretty much like infinite cash in any other game.

And if you would actually care to read, you would see I proposed an option of usinig the drill without introducing infine resource.
Mu! Mu! Muuuu!

Vingolf

Quoteif you would actually care to read
That would be my answer to you...

konst

Quote from: Vingolf on December 24, 2014, 11:05:48 AM
Quoteif you would actually care to read
That would be my answer to you...

To contradict me you proposed a similar solution to mine ;-) That is my point.
Mu! Mu! Muuuu!

HBKRKO619

Quote from: konst on December 24, 2014, 10:50:58 AM
Quote from: Vingolf on December 24, 2014, 09:30:14 AM

Blah...

You must be kidding.

Well, I am saying that you already get with traders more metal than you need. And if you do not like to plan in advance, and think what you will need in future when buying. Then you have mods that make the traders come more often. Metal currently in RimWorld is pretty much an infinite resource as long as you have money (and if you dont get enough raiders to sellt their stuff, then it is pretty simple to develop small production economy). Actually having an infite mining as you suggest in one place is cheating and breaks the logic of reality and game. It was nice to build if you don't want to bother yourself with mining, but it is pretty much like infinite cash in any other game.

And if you would actually care to read, you would see I propose an option of usinig the drill withoout introducing infine source.

For my experience, I actually continue to play on alpha 7 because their is more mod available. I actually only play extra heavy moded rimworld game (actually 98 on alpha 7 with no problem of compatibility xD) and when I want to use all the mod at their max and build pretty much everything available, the metal on the map or bought from the trader are not enought.
I talk for myself but I when I start a rimworld game, I don't want to quit the planet, my goal is to create a sort of infinite game where I will build a giant base who recover all the map and one more time, metal from map or trader are not enought because I want to use my 98 mods at their max.
All of this to say that don't take your gaming experience like it was a generality, everyone have their own way of play, their own objectives and their own way to have fun.
Like I said some post ago, it's not an online game, so until it doesn't change other people game's experience, infinite ressource is not a problem and until it doesn't change other people game's experience, it's not cheating, just a choice who is, for myself at least, a must have to fill my objectives when I start a rimworld game.
Me to I proposed some solution some post ago, who are up the recherche needed or/and up the ressource needed to create the deeddriller so it would be more difficult to have it and pretty much impossible to create it in early game, simple as that and everyone if FREE to play like he want because, I repeat it but, until it doesn't change other player game's experience, it's not a problem simply because their is absolutly no problem o-O

konst

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on December 24, 2014, 11:10:48 AM

For my experience, I actually continue to play on alpha 7 because their is more mod available. I actually only play extra heavy moded rimworld game (actually 98 on alpha 7 with no problem of compatibility xD) and when I want to use all the mod at their max and build pretty much everything available, the metal on the map or bought from the trader are not enought.
I talk for myself but I when I start a rimworld game, I don't want to quit the planet, my goal is to create a sort of infinite game where I will build a giant base who recover all the map and one more time, metal from map or trader are not enought because I want to use my 98 mods at their max.
All of this to say that don't take your gaming experience like it was a generality, everyone have their own way of play, their own objectives and their own way to have fun.
Like I said some post ago, it's not an online game, so until it doesn't change other people game's experience, infinite ressource is not a problem and until it doesn't change other people game's experience, it's not cheating, just a choice who is, for myself at least, a must have to fill my objectives when I start a rimworld game.
Me to I proposed some solution some post ago, who are up the recherche needed are up the ressource needed to create the deeddriller so it would be more difficult to have it and pretty much impossible to create it in early game, simple as that and everyone if FREE to play like he want because, I repeat it but, until it doesn't change other player game's experience, it's not a problem simply because their is absolutly no problem o-O

I did not play alpha 7 the last one before 8 was 6 that I played. I have impression there is much more traders in 8 than it was in 6 or earlier versions. I find metal much more easily accessible in 8 than it was in 6 , and this is my impression from building large colonies. In this situation, I think it is better we have a drill with limited resources(as you have maybe read, we cannot have one with infinite and it was not our decision, and I agree with this aspect in current mechanics (3D is another problem)), than have no drill at all. Just for the beauty of it.
Mu! Mu! Muuuu!

HBKRKO619

I read it even before my post some min ago ^^ and it's actually a quite good "cut in the middle" way to update this mod, what is better than nothing, you're right ^^

But it doesn't change the fact that if it's really Tynan who "forbid" to update this mod, so, I really, and by "really", I mean REALLY o-O don't understand this decision because it's not online, it doesn't change other players game's experience and it would be the first time, at my knoledge at least, in more than 22 years I play video game, that a dev forbid a mod for an offline game who is not against basic law of humanity (extreme violence, extreme nudity, hate, etc ...)

Not english native speaker, I hope I'm enought clear xD

DestroyX

yeah, it's really rather stupid, since metal is so easy to come by now.

and since you just cant build a deepdriller early game anyways, its perfectly fine. by the time you can afford one without wasting all your metal on it, you'll have enough wealth to buy it in thousands from the traders anyways.

i really dont see the deal there, and i kinda question this logic