The Game

Rimworld is really cool.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

daft73

Ya, I agree. The community here for the most part is fantastic. Involved in it about a year now, its has been a good ride so far. ;)

BetaSpectre

A few months, I was Perm banned for like the 20th time on a game for giving out end game gear to new players.

I love that some of my suggestions actually made it into the game :3.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
                           TO WAR WE GO

Coenmcj

Yeah a lot of us here are pretty chill. That's what I love about some indie communities, the overall are really cool people.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Rainbowlicious

I'm cool even though I have done nothing to help this forum with this one post? Wow. I like this community.  :)

I agree that this game's community is pretty amazing, though.

Shinzy

Quote from: Rainbowlicious on September 05, 2014, 03:42:53 PM
I'm cool even though I have done nothing to help this forum with this one post? Wow. I like this community.  :)

I agree that this game's community is pretty amazing, though.

Ofcourse you're cool! your subtlety is so immense nobody has noticed how helpful you have been
that is a fact!

SSS

I must say, this is one of the friendliest communities I know of. It may be the friendliest.

I like it.

Timber

I have to say I totally agree. This is one of the most mellow communities I've ever seen.
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

ItchyFlea

You didn't mention "The Forum Moderators". Are we really that bad? :'(
Just kidding. :D

I have to agree, this community is pretty sweet.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: ItchyFlea on September 08, 2014, 12:15:28 AM
I have to agree, this community is pretty sweet.
If you having a good time, it because your only in the "shallow waters" of the forums, once you start exploring the "deep waters" it starts getting messy.
:P
but who am i to complain, "almost" everyone i met here in the forums are pretty nice and decent, so not all bad :)
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
                           TO WAR WE GO

Dr. Z

I think this is connected to the fact that you need a certain mental attitude to have fun with this game, because it's in many perspectives somewhat slower that modern AAA games. So a person who would tend to hate or rant in forums wouldn't have fun with this game at all. Which, if true, is quite a nice fact in my opinion.
Prasie the Squirrel!

BetaSpectre

Perhaps another factor to keep in mind is the lack of on going competition against one another.

On Rimworld keeping your secrets or putting others down gets no one anywhere. While handing out tips and receiving them allows for further improvement of others and oneself.

While trolls are infrequent they are usually removed early on due to manageable community size. So we get a community with over all nice people.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
                           TO WAR WE GO

skullywag

Ive come from modding minecraft to modding this. Guess which one im pouring my heart into..go on guess :D

The modding community and the community at large are really nice, ive had some help from some established modders and Tynan himself (dont know another game dev who gives out his art assets...) so yeah loving this place and am going nowhere (unless microsoft buys Ludeon :p)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

AntiMatter

to be honest i would of been kicked from a forum a couple months ago for saying a swear and forgetting to add stars so it's not really that offencive but recently i've just sorta got slaps on the wrists and told to apologise and not do it again and i think that it's a great way to get people to mingle alot more and also just you know... have fun!

also itchyflea is one of the Best moderators i've ever seen.
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman