Character Draft - Vicky (Pirate Queen)

Started by SleepyFox, November 05, 2013, 10:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyFox

This is /sort/ of a placeholder post that I can edit and bounce ideas around with thoughts for my PK(PQ?) contribution. I'm a bit of a writer and I have a small stable of 'favorite' characters. I cut Cecily and Sanah from the idea roster and added Vicky. I'd like some help getting it nice and concise for the limitations.

Victoria 'Mechanist' Louene
Vicky is a newer character of mine... more or less a steampunk mad scientist. Her full name is Victoria Trafalgar Louene. There's a play on words there. TNT is 'Trinitro Toluene' and her name, well. Vicky T. Louene. Anyway.

The backstory I have in mind for her is that she grew up on a world that was just hitting their industrial revolution. Steam power is king, clockwork and airships and all sorts of mechanical things. An excavation for more resources unearthed ancient ruins from a past, highly advanced civilization. Vicky herself was somewhat of a street urchin, stealing and begging and tinkering with machines. Word of the archaeology find made it to her ears and she stole aboard a ship to the site.

She snuck in, as street rats are good at that, and poked at things she probably ought not have poked at. She was filled with ancient wisdom, and her mind broke from the shock of it. Genius level intellect but fragmented and kind of insane. She triggered a doomsday clock, cobbled together a spaceship and reached for the stars. At the turn of the century, her world was obliterated without her on it. The guilt of the act weighs about as heavily on her mind as getting a buy one get one free sandwich deal and only eating half of the 'free' on. So not much.

As a self-proclaimed 'Empress of the Stellar Gnomes' she travels from world to world, looking for more hypertech to steal while constantly cobbling together devices for the... better of herself and the followers she's gathered.

All I've hashed out currently is that she'd probably be unable to do Social-related tasks entirely (so penalties are moot) while scoffing at unskilled labor. Bonuses to research and crafting for sure. Shooting and hand-to-hand also. ...pity she can't have a lightning gun.

Thanks for looking this over.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

SleepyFox

...settled in Vicky. Wouldn't mind some help getting stuff squared away in a game-friendly fashion!

EarthyTurtle

Probably need to split your backstories between childhood and Adulthood. From the sounds of it your childhood could consist of something similar to an Urbworld Urchin and your adulthood could be something like a 'stellar wanderer'. Though I don't know if steampunk worlds are part of the lore, least in the traditional steampunk sense.

zayzayem

Childhood: Industrialworld Urchin
NAME grew up on the streets of a world just hitting their industrial revolution. HIS life consisted of stealing, begging and tinkering with the scraps of machines. HE was always on the look out for a way out of this downtrodden life.

Disable - Growing (no plants)
+ 2 Crafting
+ 1 Melee

Adulthood: Absconding Doombringer/Doombringing Absconder/Nonchalant Worldkiller

NAME discovered an ancient archaelogical device on HIS homeworld. Curiosity got the better of HIM and HE unwittingly unleashed an apocalyptic event turning into a Toxicworld of immense proportions. Luckily HE escaped before the worst of it came about. Carefree with a spaceship of HIS own, NAME barely thought any further about the event and set about finding the next piece of hypertech to abuse.

Disable - Caring (sociopath), artistic (pointless)
Enable Scary and Violent.
+2 Crafting
+3 Research
+2 Shooting
+2 Melee

How's that?

SleepyFox

So I spend the last two months working (yay holiday retail) without a scrap of inspiration. Stuff dies down and I hop back over here, and what do I find? ...awesome. Just awesome. I ask for help in putting it together and you do all of it, zay. o.o My timing is weird. But that looks really, really great. And I think I like 'Nonchalant Worldkiller'. It just makes it seem like she went '...oops. Oh well. Time to find more cool stuff.'

I may bump Construction on there also though, since that's used to repair buildings (and she's good at tinkering).

Due to character limits, I went with 'Indworld urchin / Urchin' and 'Apocalyptic exile / Exile' in the fields. Thank you, zay!

zayzayem

Quote from: SleepyFox on January 07, 2014, 03:30:53 AM
So I spend the last two months working (yay holiday retail) without a scrap of inspiration. Stuff dies down and I hop back over here, and what do I find? ...awesome. Just awesome. I ask for help in putting it together and you do all of it, zay. o.o My timing is weird. But that looks really, really great. And I think I like 'Nonchalant Worldkiller'. It just makes it seem like she went '...oops. Oh well. Time to find more cool stuff.'

I may bump Construction on there also though, since that's used to repair buildings (and she's good at tinkering).

Due to character limits, I went with 'Indworld urchin / Urchin' and 'Apocalyptic exile / Exile' in the fields. Thank you, zay!

No worries.

It's your reward! You paid for it.

Glad to help.

SleepyFox

I just hope Vicky ends up being responsible for archaeological finds in many players' games causing them to explode. :D When that stuff is implemented of course. (Yes I'm a terrible person)