[MOD] (ALPHA 6) The Great War (turn your colony to a world war 1 StrongHold)

Started by KnightsCross, September 04, 2014, 07:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightsCross

The Great War Under Development

GoodNews
(released: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6056.0

DevTeam
Lead Developer/Texture artist: KnightsCross
Tester: Bodog999

im also needing some modders in my TGWModTeam lets make it better shall we? just PM me if interested :)

Features
-Turn your colony to a WW1 French, German, British Astro Hangarian Fortress
-Defend against Non Stop Invasion Events
-Get help from your Canine Companion
-Complete WW1 Uniforms and equipments
-Use different Tactics to win incl. Gas Warfare, Artillery Support, Air Support and more[/size]
-TANKS! what do you know ahaha
[/color]

note: you need to create new world in order for the factions to work

under development
* - Finished
^ - In Progress

In the mod

Events
(^) - French Invasion
(^) - German Invasion
(^) - Artillery bombings

Factions
(*) - French Empire
(*) - German Empire
(*) - British Empire
(*) - Austria Hungary

Story Teller
(^) - Bismark (every 2 days there is invasion)

HeadGears
(*) -German Helmet w/ Gasmask - has imunity to exposure and poison gas
(*) -British/french Helmet - a helmet what do you know
(*) -Metro Helmet w/ gasmask (not WW1 related but its design is sooo awesome)
(*) -Foreign Legion Cap
(*) -Bosnian Cap

Uniforms
(*) - Custom WW1 coat (my design as i said give me some ideas)
(*) - French Foreign Legion uniform
(*) - Prussian uniform
(*) - british uniform
(*) -Bosnian Uniform (astro hangarian uniform)
(*) - German Vest (their heavily bullet proofed vest?? i think i saw a german wearing it)

Weapons
(*) - my X10 Rifles ;)
(^) - Lee enfield rifle
(*) - Ross Rifle w/ bayonet
(*) - Gewehr 98 rifle w/ bayonet
(*) - mp18 SMG
(^) - lewis gun LMG
(*) - luger

Artillerys
(*) - german nebelwerfer pretty much of it
(*) - Artillerys howitzer and such
(*) - Field Guns (act like mortar but more powerfull)
(^) - Artillery that fires poison gas(since WW1 is more on gas warfare)
(*) - Maxim Gun (manned)

Buildings
(*) - Barbwires
(^) - Trench
(*) - Flags (French, German, British, Austria)
(*) - Tents

Vehicles
(*) - Tanks. mwahaha well..

*well thats it give me some ideas ill release it soon

Gameplay Screenshots

Xerberus86

nice, converting my colony in a nazi-camp ^^....kills those inferior tribes-people (joking...not) ....can you also add german shepards?

as a german i look forward to this mod.

KnightsCross

german shepards huh? i think someone is already making a mod called "K9" but not compatible with alpha 6, lets just wait for the guys to finish it, if not alright ill do it ;D . im still working on other things,

nazi camp... hmmmm thanks for the idea i think ill add some nazi camp related stuffs... MG Nest maybe
Screenshot of uniforms, artillerys and poisonous gas (its from traps mod but i will be making my own design of it ) will add barb wires soon

Axel

Some weapon ideas:
Webley revolver- Sidearm
Mauser C96- Sidearm
Luger- Sidearm
Lee Enfield- Rifle
Ross Rifle- Rifle
Lee-Metford (although i'd think its the same as the Enfield but wutevs) - Rifle
Gewehr 98 - Rifle
MP18- Sub machine Gun
Lewis Gun- Light Machine Gun

You should look into making factions and having one be German and another be Brits and have them always be against each other. and if possible make an event where the factions try killing one another in the outskirts of your town.

KnightsCross

Thanks for the weapons suggestions i dont know where to start though lol
rifles will take 2 shots on enemy to kill them yep made them stronger cause it reloads so freaking slow

adding factions will have you restart your colony cause its not compatible with the save data and it will make your colony a battlefield for them lol.. sooo ill just focus on adding more things buildings any idea on buildings? but sure ok ill add German and Brit/french Factions ill also make them to build bases somewhere not far from your colony

"Updates on the mod"
-Weapons is being textured Will be finished tomorrow
-French, british and german uniforms is also being textured

Axel

Lol. Probably should start out with the rifles seeing as those were the most important.

Factions were just an idea. I always liked having factions just fight it out while "Bob" runs through the field stripping them of their clothing. Of course "Bob" would come back with head trauma but completely worth it. :'D (also on the glitter tech thread i think they figured out a way around that where you just had to remember the seed of the world. )

As for buildings I was going to say crematorium to burn dead bodies but we already have one. If anything you could try to make land mines.

PS. I love the metro helmet.
PSS. Hail Hydra!

KnightsCross

still studying the game on how to add factions and their starting gears so it will look more like the great war .. when the fighting starts you might just want to sit on your camp and bomb them with the artillery ill be making

about mines ill be adding them also gas trigger bomb

-Siege Heil!!! to the Great War

Xerberus86

Quote from: a89a89 on September 05, 2014, 06:00:55 PM
Nazis were ww2

thats right, now that you say it i notice the updated thread title saying ww1....^^there were no nazis.

KnightsCross

Update on the mods guys :D
Just finished with the ff.
-Factions French, Germany, British (having a rough time Making the factions and their behavior so many errors) (refixing)
-Weapons (just the 2 rifles and 1 SMG)
-Uniform for all factions incl. gears
-Events Enemy invasions

Bodog999

Also quick note you DONT have to start again with your colony the only thing you need to do is create a new WORLD with the same SEED, as soon as the world is created factions will reset. NO NEED TO START OVER AGAIN! :D

KnightsCross

Quote from: Bodog999 on September 06, 2014, 09:08:15 PM
Also quick note you DONT have to start again with your colony the only thing you need to do is create a new WORLD with the same SEED, as soon as the world is created factions will reset. NO NEED TO START OVER AGAIN! :D

really? lol didnt knew that... and btw are you also a modder if yes, i need help on pawn making cause i got the ff. error the pic on top of you. i cant release it yet with this shit on my mod  :-\

Bodog999

I am a modder but I'm very very bad. I could try to fix it but I dont know if I can fix it.

Edit: What I think the problem is is that the game tries to find graphs which arent there. Have you tried changing the graph paths? NOTE: If you are gonna do this, make backups :) I know how it feels when you put so much effort into something and then it breaks.

KnightsCross

graph paths? im not really sure what it is.. lol if you can explain :P that would be helpfull anyway i think the problem is in the thinktree or the pawnkinds not sure. maybe you can check them? yes?
if you could fix it would really help finish the mod quickly.. ill ofcourse credit you for it ahah  :D

PS. peeps dont download the file its not yet done i dont recommend you to download it (for fixers only)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l380h9517uj5z8p/The+Great+War+1.0.zip

EDIT: The Problem is Fixed

Bodog999

Graph paths are the "paths" the game goes to find a texture for example a muffalo has when walking to the left or right this graph path: Muffalo_Side I cant help you with the thinktree or pawnkinds very good I could give it a try.

Edit: Alright I've looked into some files but I couldnt find anything wrong. You need to ask a modder with more experience than me Halpo and ItchyFlea could help you. Sorry I couldnt help you any further. :(