Kassandra Stories (That Bi***)

Started by Amaror, November 05, 2013, 10:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaror

Hehe, so i am quite enjoying the game so far.
I am currently getting my ass kicked on Kassandra difficulty and the balance seems a bit skewed in that difficulty level, but i am having fun nonetheless.
I know i could probably switch to cassandra classic, but everytime i want to do it i just say:"F*** you, game, you will not beat me!" and start on Kassandra nonetheless.
So i thought i might share some of my Kassandra stories with you.

Story number one: The Madness.
So everything was going fine. I dug out a few rooms of the mountain, had a working food distribution system underground, my first prisoner was slowly but surely being "convinced" to join us. The while my miner mines out some rooms, he loses his freaking mind from being in the dark for five minutes. I send one of my guys to wrestle him down and put him into prison to convince him that this isn't so bad a place after all. During the fight, he suddenly switches from rampage mode into "just wandering around" from loosing hope. I then arrest him, thinking i could end the fight early with this, but while my guy arrested him, he kept punching my guy. He was my prisoner, in prison and everything and yet he kept punching my guy, until my guy passed out. I then send my farmer to rescue my injured guy and, and i am not lying in this, 5 little tiles away from the bed, the farmer carrying the injured guy ALSO goes insane and starts punching squirrels, while my only sane person left bleeds out a few meters away from his bed.

Story Number two: High - Tech Raiders.
So again, everything went pretty fine in the beginning. Managed to build up quite a little base, with rooms for everyone (This time outside of the mountain) and an eating area, but for some reason nothing gets juice from the geothermal plant. I just couldn't find the fault. Then OF COURSE my miner goes insane again. This time i just don't know why. He wasn't mining anything inside, just some metal outside, not in the dark and yet he still went insane. I quickly threw together a prison after i hit him down, put him in it, but the problem arises, that my people can't get unproccessed food out of the stockpiles.
My colony nearly died right there, until i notice that i forgot to build ONE FRIKKIN Door, so the juice wouldn't get through. Of course my prisoner had allready starved to death. Luckily i could capture a lonely raider and convince him to join us. And then...
Nothing happens. For Days and Days. I build up a nice base. One small entry with sandbacks, so that the enemy is slowed down, six gun turrets, everything seemed fine and i was ready to take on any raider.
Then, finally, something happens and some raiders come on the ninth day of the 2 cycle. 10 raiders. 10 RAIDERS! On the SECOND assault in the game. 10. And not only 10 normal raiders, no! They come with 3(!!!) M-24, 2 shotguns, 2 uzis and only 3 pistols. I have watched dozens of Blitzkriegslers videos before and i have NEVER seen raiders that well equiped. I had 2 frikkin pistols and they come with M-24, shotguns and uzis. Obviously they had no problems. With the M-24 they were able to easily snipe one of my turrets away without any danger and the rest they just overwhelmed with firepower. My two guys with pistols also were obviously no problem to them.

Exspecially the last game felt weird. There were just such a large time period of absolutly NOTHING happening until they dropped this nuclear bomb of a raiding party on me. Well, i'll see how the next game will go.

DeltaV

The M24 guys seem to come anytime past the first raider wave, even on normal cassandra. The best strategy is to try and get them at close range; once you have a couple people with M-24s of your own, they're not at much of an issue.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.