Request: Growable 'fire fields'?

Started by Girlinhat, September 05, 2014, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girlinhat

So here's the idea.  It's a plant, either with no product or a years-long mature rate.  It's planted by farmers, and is mainly useful as fuel for fire, either for burning bodies and trash or for defense.

I've also suggested before, 'growable sandbags' that would have cover, but when destroyed could be replanted, sort of like trees except they grow on every tile.

Reaper

ahh would the traps mod kindling work? you build it outa wood and it gives one hell of a burn to anything ontop of it(including tribal raiders)

Girlinhat

Quote from: Reaper on September 08, 2014, 05:23:23 PM
ahh would the traps mod kindling work? you build it outa wood and it gives one hell of a burn to anything ontop of it(including tribal raiders)
The problem there, is building it, which is a pain.  Since these would be burned semi-frequently, it'd make so much more sense to just have it automatically 'replanted'.

Matthiasagreen

Would you be able to set it as a growing zone for trees? Just thinking of lasting things you could plant that are flammable.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Girlinhat

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on September 08, 2014, 06:51:41 PM
Would you be able to set it as a growing zone for trees? Just thinking of lasting things you could plant that are flammable.
Trees don't grow on every tile, and trees block movement.  I'd need something more like potatoes, which grow on every tile and you can walk over, to make fire-cleaning easier.

I considered having soil fields, and having grass tiles 2-3 away, separated by stone floor, so the grass seeds would spread but the fire wouldn't kill the 'seeding grass'.

Ptolisgoodguy

I still don't understand what this would be used for.

crematoriums can burn bodies and why would you want fire it lags the game.

if you want fire then get the more weapons mod, it has a flamethrower now.
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6034.0
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Girlinhat

It's used for burning, fire doesn't cause that much lag when used correctly, cremation takes too long to handle every single thing, and I don't want a ton of weapons clogging up everything.

Ptolisgoodguy

sell weapons for profit and cremation isn't that bad, just put people on crafting duty and its handled.
I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Reaper

you can just grow flowers I think they burn.

Nematrec

Poverty grass can burn and sends out seeds on the wind. Just put some fertility pumps where you want it to grow if it isn't already soil and have an area area of soil surrounded with concrete so that you always have some around to start growing again.