[MOD] (Alpha 10) Space and Prison Meals! (v1.6.6 / 25 Apr 2015)

Started by RemingtonRyder, September 05, 2014, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weyrling

Going to test this out, thought I'd mention that most of your links gave me an invalid zip file, the only one it actually let me unzip was "RN_A7_Space_and_Prison_Meals140.zip", which seems to work perfectly fine.

Very useful mod, I had my colonists running all the way across the map to eat survival packs off the ground that raiders left behind when I had 20 meals sitting next to the table in my base...

RemingtonRyder

Fifty Foot Ant

Downloading!

Quick question, do colonists put Prison Meals as lowest priority to eat, even lower than Nutrient Paste?

Sorry if this was painfully obvious to some of you ^___^;

EDIT: Also, can this be put into a running save game?
A size-15 boot has landed, the following things were crushed:

- Comms console
- Fifty Foot Ant, Settler
- Wolf, Hunter

thefinn

Yeah I tend to use the nutrient paste, so this just ends the mod for me :(

I'm not sure the point of people wanting survival meals last is to manage happiness - just a point of view.

Possible to get a version for 8 that has it configurable or ?

RemingtonRyder

@Fifty Foot Ant - Prison meals are the same priority as simple or fine meals.  The thing is, your colonists should technically never eat them if you're only delivering those meals to stockpiles in prison cells (at the same time, if you have some kicking around, they're still good to eat).  Also, yes, it's safe to use with a running save.

@thefinn Alpha 8 was only just released yesterday.  Still, I do plan to update because of the meal priority thing.  Not sure what you mean about nutrient paste though.  The latest version for A7 ranks nutrient paste alongside simple meals in terms of meal quality - this means that so long as the nutrient paste dispenser isn't reserved by too many colonists, they should choose nutrient paste over survival meals.  I had to drop the 'NutrientPasteIsOK' from the filename because it was getting unwieldy, but that's still a feature. :)

thefinn

Quote from: marvinkosh on December 11, 2014, 02:28:59 PM
@Fifty Foot Ant - Prison meals are the same priority as simple or fine meals.  The thing is, your colonists should technically never eat them if you're only delivering those meals to stockpiles in prison cells (at the same time, if you have some kicking around, they're still good to eat).  Also, yes, it's safe to use with a running save.

@thefinn Alpha 8 was only just released yesterday.  Still, I do plan to update because of the meal priority thing.  Not sure what you mean about nutrient paste though.  The latest version for A7 ranks nutrient paste alongside simple meals in terms of meal quality - this means that so long as the nutrient paste dispenser isn't reserved by too many colonists, they should choose nutrient paste over survival meals.  I had to drop the 'NutrientPasteIsOK' from the filename because it was getting unwieldy, but that's still a feature. :)

Awesome thanks I wasn't sure. Coulda sworn my guys were eating the rations instead of paste in A7, I might have a look again later (if so, could easily be an unrelated issue).

RemingtonRyder

Like I said, sometimes the paste dispenser simply had too many colonists all trying to use it at once, and so they would go look for the next best source of food.  Solution - build more dispensers.

Malaras

Is the 1.40 version latest? All i see is 1.21 and 1.40, You updated to 1.50 i be-leave not seeing that one.

Thanks,

RemingtonRyder

It's cunningly hidden by the link to Dropbox on the version number. :)

Hope that helps!

RemingtonRyder

I've added prison meals back. It was a very minor fix that I only just got around to.

HBKRKO619

Thanks but did it still need recipe nurse to work ?
I ask this because recipe nurse is "injected" in some popular mod like Extended surgery and bionic or Cybernetic storm and I already tested to still activated recipe nurse to and those 2 mods (not in the same time) don't work animore with recipe nurse activated.

RemingtonRyder

Only for the Alpha 7 version. Alpha 8, there's a new way of adding recipes to existing worktables. The cooking one is pretty much the same as the recipes of old, smithing is a bit different but not too difficult.

RemingtonRyder

Heads up to let you know that there will be a version of the mod available for Alpha 9 when it releases. :)

RemingtonRyder

Apha 9 testing has revealed that the OKNutrientPaste module of this mod doesn't work - you'll still need to forbid packaged meals for colonists to eat nutrient paste. Sorry about that!