[MOD] (Alpha 10) Space and Prison Meals! (v1.6.6 / 25 Apr 2015)

Started by RemingtonRyder, September 05, 2014, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

RemingtonRyder

Added a couple of things today. Here's v1.6.3 v1.6.4 v1.6.5 of Space Meals!

First of all, you can now cook single meal variants of the simple and fine meals like you can for prisoners, which don't stack.

Secondly, I've added vegetarian and meat soups as variants of the simple meal. These stack to ten as usual.

I also fixed a mistake in the XML of 1.6.3 and 1.6.4, so if you get an error about human meat or MeatFoodRaw, sorry, please re-download.

The intended usage for this little update is so that a colonist living in a remote shack can cook a meal which is counted separately from the simple meals in the main base. So you can set your stockpile accordingly and colonists will do less trekking across the map to eat or (in theory at least) to cook meals. Use the Skill Lock mod if you want to nail down exactly who will be cooking where in the meantime, assuming you have two cooks with different skill levels.

I'll try and texture up a couple more meals to go on the menu, but this should hold you for now, right? :)

Darkhymn

I'm thrilled with this mod exactly as it is. Lowering the priority of survival meals and adding prison meals as a separate entity is the perfect balance, for me, of added functionality, convenience, and vanilla flavor. I've been looking for ways to improve my experience without unnecessarily complicating my game or diverging too far from the vanilla experience, and this mod as it stood yesterday when I downloaded it seems to fit the bill!

RemingtonRyder

Well, it's all modular, and when I get the chance I'll add a couple of extra options for RWLauncher so you can turn things on and off to suit.

Darkhymn

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 13, 2015, 06:53:06 AM
Well, it's all modular, and when I get the chance I'll add a couple of extra options for RWLauncher so you can turn things on and off to suit.
I'm looking it over. Is it really as simple as removing the defs and assets for the variants on my end?
Fantastic mod, by the way. I think it's going to mesh really well with Wastelander's Prison Improvements mod, as well as being quite convenient to keep my survival meals safe.

RemingtonRyder

Yep, it's that simple. Don't even have to remove them, technically, just rename the file extension to something like off (like RWLauncher does).

Glad you like the mod. :)

Mathenaut

Lowest priority to survival meals is great and immensely helpful.

Also.. Real Food > MREs. Seriously. I guess it's a nice novelty for people who haven't had to eat them much, but it's mostly just high-calorie heavy starch with a chunk of protein and enough sugar to make it palatable. They're made to sustain you, not to live on.