Colonists Automatically Upgrade Gear.

Started by Redrabbitromp, September 07, 2014, 07:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumuel

How about an auto equip button, that sends a colonist to automatically find the best gear?

Redrabbitromp

Quote from: Somz on September 09, 2014, 05:19:26 AM
Because every single one of them with M-24s would be a MAJOR problem, so is having to pay attention to each of them.
Besides, let's say it's done and I re-equipped every single one of them to my liking.
What's stopping them from doing it on their own again and again?!

PS.: Equipment screen sounds useful. That would solve the "cannot see it on the map" problem *some people have* (because I sure don't...).

You have a good point Somz that sometimes it would be ambiguous what the "best" weapon choice is.  I don't think it's clear that M24's are better than M16's.  Still I think that that could be taken into account.  I see no reason for instance that a colonist with a pistol or no weapon should not pick up that M24, and colonists with nothing but Tshirts should always pick up armor.  For weapons there could be a threshold of "betterness" required for a colonist to change weapons.  Also there could be a way to lock weapons on a colonist so that they wouldn't change weapons. 

Somz

Quote from: Redrabbitromp on September 11, 2014, 02:57:00 AM

You have a good point Somz that sometimes it would be ambiguous what the "best" weapon choice is.  I don't think it's clear that M24's are better than M16's.  Still I think that that could be taken into account.  I see no reason for instance that a colonist with a pistol or no weapon should not pick up that M24, and colonists with nothing but Tshirts should always pick up armor.  For weapons there could be a threshold of "betterness" required for a colonist to change weapons.  Also there could be a way to lock weapons on a colonist so that they wouldn't change weapons.

Hm... You might be right. Maybe the lock would work.
If it would be locked by default, that is.
But a simple T-shirt (or duster, because it's way cooler) is useful, believe me. I always chase down the few remaining wounded raiders, trying to melee them for it is easier to incap them this way than shooting them.
And again, my party with M-24s/Lee Enfields isn't equipped by heavy armors either for mobility.
Armor slowing them down for example while trying to kite a dozen of Centipedes just ain't cool.

Besides, I really don't know (still, I don't think) that pawns with 0 shooting skill could handle a M-24 efficiently. Them picking M-24s up would be a waste in my opinion.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.