surrender

Started by litlbear, November 05, 2013, 12:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litlbear

found this game on the df forums, looked good, purchased it. it is good.

a minor thing, and a thing DF itself doesn't have (yet) the ability for enemies to surrender to you if faced with mounting odds.  you're the last raider, your entire group shot dead.  the colony's snipers aim, and fire.  bam, no more raiders.  you'd think the last raider, if he knew he couldn't escape, would lay down their weapon and come quietly.  i'd love to see this.
yes

Greski09

They retreat, but they don't surrender yet. But yeah I think it'd be cool but retreating would make more sense unless they were fighting you on the inside and you had them surrounded.

litlbear

would you continue running, bleeding and wounded, when a sniper's aiming at you, or would you stop and drop the weapon?
yes

Mansen

That would be sweet - Different stages of panic.

You'd have them run, hide or even outright surrender themselves to your superior force. Morale breaks (Might even have specific weapons or triggers that cause more morale damage than actual damage - Like flame throwers or flashbangs)

Quote from: litlbear on November 05, 2013, 12:47:04 PM
would you continue running, bleeding and wounded, when a sniper's aiming at you, or would you stop and drop the weapon?

Some people do - Fight or flight kicks in at some point. Logical thinking is overriden by basic instinct. Some times that instinct is just to try and run, even though your mind is telling you that it is insane.

Greski09

Quote from: litlbear on November 05, 2013, 12:47:04 PM

Alot of the raids in game end with a few uninjured people running away.

litlbear

my raids end with one or two people, wounded, running, and me having someone shoot at them as they run
yes

baronskippy

Would be nice if you could arrest fleeing raiders the way you can passing travelers as well.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: baronskippy on November 06, 2013, 12:22:08 AMWould be nice if you could arrest fleeing raiders the way you can passing travelers as well.

Problem with that is that good GRIEF can the buggers run!

I wish you could knock someone unconscious with like, a stun charge/stun grenade/stun baton/taser/massive area-effect stun-blast. Then someone could run out to arrest 'em, and if the guy on the ground doesn't get up in time, they get hauled into your prison.

Of course, it would be nice if they sometimes just surrendered, though.
Raiders must die!