whats the story behind your username

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Fupa

Mine i original used for roblox back in 2008. Because i could remember it so easy i started useing it for everything, plus i think it sounds nice too.

BetaSpectre

Beta - Was one of my most successful accounts on a game.
Spectre - I lurk around alot xD
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

StorymasterQ

I am (well, actually used to be) a pretty proficient fiction writer, a master of stories, you see. Though after my Graduate class, work, and a baby, writing has gone down a few notches on the priority list.

As for the Q, it has always been my favorite letter in the alphabet. So when I was creating my online identity, knowing full well that just 'storymaster' is quite common, I added it.

To this day, all StorymasterQ found on Google is me.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Clayton

It's my name  8)

Imaginative and creative, I know, I know.

Snownova

Way back in the days of Unreal Tournament I had the name Ubercow, because I liked playing the Nali Warcow. Then I moved on to other games where I wasn't a cow, so it picked Ubernova, because I think the word nova is pretty, and I liked being uber.

Then came World of Warcraft and I made my first character, a Tauren shaman. To my horror the name Ubernova was already taken on that server, so I chose Snownova, since my Tauren had white fur. Ever since I've used Snownova, since it's much less common than any of the previous names I've used.

stefanstr

I think this thread is a great idea.

My username is nothing special: my first name and the beginning of my last name.

I am mainly chipping in so I get notifications when more people post their stories. ;)

MrDecay

The story behind mine is pretty simple, I played a game called Kingdoms of Camelot and on that game new players are usually bullied by high level players. I didn't like that so I created an alliance where small players could join and be protected by me and other allies. I knew I needed a username that represented what I do, so I came up with SlayerDecayer and over the years this has developed into MrDecay
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

Mattorious

Easy - A few years back, a friend trying to rap called me "Mattorious" to make my name (Matthew) rhyme. It stuck, and I use it for everything now.
Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

Pirx Danford

Well in real life I never had a specific nickname, but I played a lot of pen and paper RPGs, so using a name for a purpose meant for me that it also represented a certain character.

On the internets I started out with Robot Marvin, but later on that name I chose on a whim had too much of a depressing side, so very deliberately I formed my new nickname.

It consists of the three characters I like a lot of my favorite sci-fi books.
- Pirx stands for the Pilot Pirx from the books by Stanislaw Lem.
- Dan stands for R Daneel Olivaw - the robot making an appearance in a lot of Isaac Asimovs books.
- Ford stands for the character Ford Prefect from Douglas Adams Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

I encountered a lot of Pirxes, Dans and some Fords but as of yet my nickname in its complete version is unique :-)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: MrDecay on September 09, 2014, 10:47:34 PM
The story behind mine is pretty simple, I played a game called Kingdoms of Camelot and on that game new players are usually bullied by high level players. I didn't like that so I created an alliance where small players could join and be protected by me and other allies. I knew I needed a username that represented what I do, so I came up with SlayerDecayer and over the years this has developed into MrDecay

Can't believe you missed the chance to say that "[it] has decayed into MrDecay."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

MrDecay

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 10, 2014, 04:48:37 AM
Quote from: MrDecay on September 09, 2014, 10:47:34 PM

Can't believe you missed the chance to say that "[it] has decayed into MrDecay."

Opportunity missed  :'(
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

daft73

Well, first off 'daft'...Back in the 90's, 92ish :o I picked up the name whilst playing AD&D. I always played a rogue/mage and the ways I dealt with scenarios, general mayhem/with a dash of humor, lead to one day one of my friends calling me daft. 10 YEARS ago, I was involved with WoW beta... :-X and the name was again brought up again...same group of friends different game. After that it stuck around..that was 2004. The '73', is simple...date of birth.

Somz

Soma, nickname Somzer, Somz for short. Don't ask why.
Though I have two more, of which one is the result of the intense headbanging of my keyboard (Zuferavfehysagrejih, max char number). I've invented this method to solve the problem of already taken names, but usually prefer not to use it since it's kinda long.
And "Cyst" because... In short I'm an irritating tumor on people's backs in games. Camper, engineer, healer, for some reason I stick to the "useful and annoying" roles in games, so people are either with me, or hate me.

And because it sounds too cool.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Coenmcj

Well, I got stuck making a username way back in 2004 and even back then I didn't want to get stuck with a "xxnamexx" then I decided to just go with something similar to Stefanstr.

It's amazing, Occam's Razor even applies to usernames!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

minami26

its my second name and nobody calls me that. but I like it, so the internet calls me minami! yay! and my fav number :D