whats the story behind your username

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorlew

We were supposed to register under a fake name?  BRB . . . .
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

catter

catter... Saw it once on a license plate. It was funny to think of a cat who made hats (thus cat hatter or 'catter') so was born my name. What I don't get is why the license plate had catter on it... Odd people do odd things. Good thing I'm a cat who doesn't care.

RedMark

mine is incomplete . i usually write it as 'E.Redmark' which stand for Erika redmark . And she was the most powerful mage in the 2 first Avernum games :) .

link: https://encyclopedia.ermarian.net/wiki/Erika_Redmark
Put three humans in a room, there will be six opinions.-Samara

dburgdorf

My username here is actually just my real name (dburgdorf = Darryl Burgdorf).

As to the name under which I release my mods....

Well, way back in... good lord... 2004, I was playing City of Heroes, and had a character in a pride-striped costume I named "Rayne Beau." Later that year, EverQuest 2 came out, and I created a druid named "Rainbeau," who became my main character for years. When it came time to assign him a surname, since his crafting profession was a cook, and since he had a "flavor" spell that surrounded him in flames, he became "Rainbeau Flambe."

I've just kind of stuck with the name ever since.

Interestingly, I discovered somewhere along the way that "flaming rainbows" (or "fire rainbows") are actually a legitimate, albeit rare, meteorological phenomenon.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Planetfall

Title of a book about photos of our solar system. It was my favorite non-fiction book at the time and i needed a name for the Kerbal Space Program forums :)
Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
_Carl Sagan_

CucumberedPickle

When I created my Google account around 5 years ago, I chose Cucumber Something as my username as a cucumber was sitting on my kitchen table.
My favorite number is 64, and over time every account I made is a combination and variation of the 2. CucumberedPickle64, PickledCucumber64, CucumberedPickle128 and others are all usernames that I have.
The number of possible signatures there are might as well be, for practical use, infinite, yet I chose this one.

pablo603

I don't live in an english speaking country. When I was like 12 I played roblox and I thought that "Pablo" is from english language and it means "Paul".
Few years later when I was called out a [censored] mexican (also on roblox) I knew what it really meant.
To this day I'm sticking to it. It's easy to remember for me and is never taken.

trainer

Hi, there! This is my first post on this site. My user name is based on really simple logic. I've added "t" to my last name. I was named "Rainer" after Rainer Maria Rilke, the great German poet. But I feel quite uncomfortable using that name online, so I just added the "t" to make my user name.

ManHuntingSquirrel

I've never been in a forum apart from this one so...
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO