whats the story behind your username

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

I used this name in DayZ first, because I wanted something related to the game or zombies in general.

It's also a reference to a task about moral decisions we had in school. I think it was about some organ transplantation and you had to decide if Mr. X or Mrs. Y should get it. The doctors name was Dr.Z and we found it pretty funny because it sounded like a comic villian, so it was in my mind when creating a identity in DayZ.

Also, in my series of trashy usernames, I like this one the most, so I started to use it with other online activities.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Celthric Aysen

well my original user name is Blackjack1000K, which i changed to Celthric Aysen since Blackjack1000K is starting to get old,
I got Celthric from this image:

as it describes most things about me, well besides her not disliking spicy food and her liking mikumikudance, and her being female, and because i liked the looks of the character (anime addict)  8)
and "Aysen'' means "Beautiful like the moon" in Turkish. I'm not Turkish tho, just thought of picking the ''Aysen'' because it seems like a pretty neat name :)
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Matthiasagreen

In High School I decided I didn't like my first, middle or last name, so I made up a new cooler name. Matthias is so much cooler than Matthew (my name). My middle name was to be Atticus, from To Kill A Mockingbird. My last name became Green, because it is my favorite color is green and I wore it for 8 years straight without missing a day. The name never really caught on with anybody IRL and I never legally changed it, but it is now my online persona. MatthiasAtticusGreen is too long for most character limits, but MatthiasAGreen seems to work. No one ever seems to pick it. Luckily there is no Matthias A Green IRL or if there is, he must get frustrated every time he tries to make a username.  :)
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Visitor000

For i AM the king of Natlanta

Nathan-Atlantis

<OBLIGATORY MOVING TEXT>
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Kagemusha

First username I used online was Shadow. Probably spurred on by my (minor) obsession with Jagged Alliance 2, and owing to my predilection to staying on the periphery and remaining unseen (gaming and irl I suppose).

Shadow changed whilst I was playing a lot of Counter Strike back in the day (maybe 2000 or so) and a common opponent I faced was a ShadowLord and that just wouldn't do. So changed to Kage (which is shadow in Japanese) since I started my healthy obsession with all things Japanese.

Kage changed once more since I got tired of being called Cage (likely due to a healthy dislike of Nicolas Cage). So I changed it to Kagemusha which literally translates to Shadow Warrior which I quite liked. Can't recall if I chose the name with knowledge of the film though...but since it is a film and is quite common I often have to make adjustments to it for online profiles. More often than not Kagemusha1945 (Just like the combination of numbers, WWII hobbyist too).

I have friends who call me Kage irl to this day and most of them met me as Kagemusha but most find Kage easier. Now being in Japan and learning kanji I might make the last transition to 影武者 but then few of the people I play games with would be able to speak to me by name :P

Of interest kagemusha is sometimes used as a synonym for stunt-doubles in the Japanese film industry.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Kagemusha on September 17, 2014, 12:13:50 AM
First username I used online was Shadow. Probably spurred on by my (minor) obsession with Jagged Alliance 2, and owing to my predilection to staying on the periphery and remaining unseen (gaming and irl I suppose).

Shadow changed whilst I was playing a lot of Counter Strike back in the day (maybe 2000 or so) and a common opponent I faced was a ShadowLord and that just wouldn't do. So changed to Kage (which is shadow in Japanese) since I started my healthy obsession with all things Japanese.

Kage changed once more since I got tired of being called Cage (likely due to a healthy dislike of Nicolas Cage). So I changed it to Kagemusha which literally translates to Shadow Warrior which I quite liked. Can't recall if I chose the name with knowledge of the film though...but since it is a film and is quite common I often have to make adjustments to it for online profiles. More often than not Kagemusha1945 (Just like the combination of numbers, WWII hobbyist too).

I have friends who call me Kage irl to this day and most of them met me as Kagemusha but most find Kage easier. Now being in Japan and learning kanji I might make the last transition to 影武者 but then few of the people I play games with would be able to speak to me by name :P

Of interest kagemusha is sometimes used as a synonym for stunt-doubles in the Japanese film industry.

Heh, Shadow would of had to have been one of my more preferred mercs in JA2. Kinda cool you stuck with the same name and instead went through alternate languages though.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Boyzitbig

In my case my sister is to blame, or rather a game she played (The legend of Spyro) which has a volcano called Boyzitbig (even in the subtitles) and I like volcanoes and fire (although prefer to be cold weirdly) so I chose the name.
Sometimes go by other names (some form of "Jarwind" typically, which was randomly chosen) most of which have no other backstory.

Angie

*cough*

It's my name (therefore easy to remember)  :P

ITypedThis

Because one day I had to choose a username and I couldn't think of anything.

It was either ITypedThis, or maybe something like "PungentRectangles." Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if I had chosen differently...

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ITypedThis on September 25, 2014, 12:19:29 AM

It was either ITypedThis, or maybe something like "PungentRectangles." Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if I had chosen differently...

It'd probably be quite pungent.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

BassMonroe

I watched a TV programme called revolution last year and based my name on one of the characters who reminds me of myself. Plus this name is a fake alias i use on the web haha ;-)
i used to have Mightyfox though till i left college.

Viperlol

I first started using this back in 2005, i picked it because i would never forget it... At least i tell myself that, i forgot why i used it about 7 years ago :P
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

ITypedThis

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 25, 2014, 01:31:25 AM
Quote from: ITypedThis on September 25, 2014, 12:19:29 AM

It'd probably be quite pungent.

*Bah dum tss*

The Uncanny Tranny

I got mine from some fans I picked up when I used to DJ at a particular lesbian club.

Halinder

Mine comes from a fictional character I made up for the TLOU universe, a member of the U.S. military known as Dawson 'Rainbow' Halinder. It was a completely random name thought up as needed for the character, and so came the username. Then came its variation, A Halindrical Object, came along and began replacing just about anything that wasn't needed for forums.