whats the story behind your username

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainbowlicious

So I like ponies. Especially Post-Apoctalyptic ponies.

But I still like ponies. So I chose 'Rainbowlicious' because no one was using it and it's my World of Tanks username. Although, I use General Rarity on the KSP forums...

Buccee

Oh man...^^ when i was little, my brother teached me how to use DOS and how to play with the PC.
The first game i played was Sid Meiers Pirates! and i dunno why but the whole pirate genre grabbed me. (to bad that the topic does not produce many good games :()

And with the internet my nickname was born: Buccee (Buccaneer i just removed some letters  :P

Yarkista

Mine is a bastardization of a different nick I often use.

AntiMatter

i've been using my name since i was called it in school. basiclyi'm bad at talking to people in real life cuz i explode... in a flurry of words (:P) [basicly i just yabber on and on about stuff until they leave me alone]

I like it and it kinda fits nicely. i go by JebKerman (character in KSP) on the sphax texture forums and normally AntiMatter001/Antimatter001 on everything else.

so yeah... just don't put matter on me and you should return to your loving family with all you limbs still there...

...and maybe half of your face...
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

Varnhagen

I usually take the names of lesser known historic personae that I've taken an interest in and revere.
Karl August Varnhagen von Ense was a german author, politician and officer in the first half of the 19th century and took part in the Liberation Wars against Napoleon. The Varnhagens are a prolific minor noble family from the Rhine area and spread around the world, most notably South America. Another commonly known member of the family was Rahel Varnhagen-Levin. The name stuck with me, since I read it first in an appendix to some dusty paper and I thought: "Great name, might make a character of it." A couple weeks later a young knight named Varnhagen von Bruchfels (Varnhagen is a way cooler first than last name) surfaced in my PnP group.

ComradeCrimson

I'm a filthy communist, Crimson is my favourite colour and ComradeCrimson sounds badass. Simple, effective. Plus I never seen it used before, somehow.
My Voice Acting library/samples:
https://soundcloud.com/comradecrimson
I am a voice actor for various mods like Rise of the Reds for Generals Zero Hour. Contact me via email if you need my services.

Mystic

The name of my first music company, in the mid 90's, was Mystic Fire Music. Prior to that I'd used other names online, but ever since then it's usually been Mystic or some permutation thereof in almost any online forum. About the time that music project ran out of steam, I also ran a semi-popular HOTAS stick config website for a couple of years called Mystic's Six Degrees of Freedom, and that helped the name stick, too. For a long time there it seemed like I had more people calling me Mystic than calling me by my real name.   ::)

llunauk

It was the dawn of a new age.  I splashed the cash and forked out for a state of the art pentium 386 and found chat rooms.  After a while got bored and found a text based roleplaying game called Dragonrealms (which is still going!) and was going to create a moon mage.  So I chose the name Luna.  Sadly it was already taken and I decided to give it a Welsh feel and come up with Lluna.  I have no connection with Wales and then I decided I was going to be a thief instead as I couldn't find the moon mage guild to join!  So that is that.  I add the UK part at sites I need a longer user name then 5 letters!   :D

Minus

My first username I had online is one I've stuck with for YEARS. I finally changed it to a better one; Eradrann.
However, no-one could spell it correctly for some reason, so they started calling me Minus after my depressed pony character. For quite a while it actually bothered me, but now I've come to like it. It also makes it funnier when people tell me I'm too negative, which I am.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Wex

The arcades. You know, you used to input a 3 letter code when you broke a record (many many times has this happened). It was different when I was younger. But then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmnDKuqom0 WILD 9 came about.
The main character is Wex Major. And that's my nick almost everywhere.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

richeygator

was my grandpas nickname for me
first time i used it was for webkinz
(DONT JUDGE ME)
use it for literally everything

actually about a year ago i switched to gatorfang for about a month then switched back
^was because of a RTD game i played on bay12 fourms
(we really need a roll to dodge on the rimworld fourm)
i won't have a god complex,everyone else has a mortal complex.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7248.0
play the first rimworld RTD

DFDelta

Going to necro this because its quite a timeless topic.  :P

Mine consists of 2 parts (doh), each with its own history.
The first one, the DF, stands for Daniel Ferel, which is the name I've been using in SciFi RPGs and the like since I was 8 or 9 years old. Daniel is my own first name, and the Ferel might be a misspelled Feral, don't really remember since it was far too long ago.  :D
I've been using that name for a lot of stuff since then. For example I released Doom 2, Heretic and Hexen maps under that name, back in the very early days of the internets.  :D

The Delta part came a few years later, when the first Unreal was released, the first FPS that I remember to have played online.
Me and some friends had the idea to name ourselves after greek letters, and I've chosen Delta because it starts with a D, and I always liked how it sounds. Also its a badass triangle.
A year later, in Unreal Tournament, only one of my friends was left playing with me on a regular basis, but we still used the old names Omega and Delta, and we had a few favorite servers where we kicked *** on a regular basis.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, how did the DF and Delta become connected you might ask.

Well, around that time I got together with some guys that happened to also play on our favorite servers regularly, and we decided to tag ourselves. Thus the "Dominating Force" was born, (a rather silly name, but we were young and stupid) and my name became -=|DF|Delta|=-. Our little association, it could not really be called a clan, had a few servers where we would meet 2 or 3 times a week to kick *** and chew bubblegum.
That whole thing held together for a good 3 years, which might have been the greatest days of gaming I've ever experienced, but then suddenly one after the other dropped out or left, and in just 4 months the whole thing collapsed. One guy just disappeared without any sign why, one moved together with his long term girlfriend who could no stand "those brutal games", so he had to stop playing them (lol... sissy), and so on.
When we finally decided to "disband and move on" I did not want to lose the name that I've kept for so long now, and one of the other survivors pointed out that the initials of the nickname I'm using when I upload UT maps, and our clan tag are identical, so I could just change the meaning behind the DF.
And so I did.

So DFDelta is a combination of a name I've been using in RPGs for a longer time then some people I know have lived, the first name I've ever used in an online FPS, and the tag of my very first clan.
Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

Evelyn

My name. There's not much more to it than that.

MyNameIsSpyder

Well, the username I use most everywhere is Spyder, but it was taken here... My name here is simply me trying to get around someone else having the name. :)

Now, how did I get Spyder? Well, I play TF2 alot. And, in it, I play the spy alot. So, I was just like "What can replace this stupid username I've been using since I was 7? Well, I like to play spy, and I guess spiders are cool, and they would make some punny wordplay if combined, so why not that?".

RemingtonRyder

It's an oldie. But essentially, Marvin the Martian, and Ambassador Kosh. *Foom* MarvinKosh.

If you don't get either of those references, well, sorry. :)