whats the story behind your username

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

Hmm, interesting.

I like the word A, as it is also an initial of my surname. Started out with the name "Agima" based from a TV show I couldn't remember if it even existed. But got tired of using it over the years, and because I couldn't really decide whether to say it like "gi" or "ji".

Now what I have is a shortened form of "AnonymousFriend". I don't really remember how I thought of it. I liked the way it sounded a bit mysterious and because it captured my tendency to sometimes randomly be nice to strangers I don't even know or was playing against with.

When allowed spaces, I prefer "A Friend" for its more deceptive nature. Because I also tend to shoot people in the back sometimes when I feel like it.

(Talkin' about games here. I'm not like that in RL. Don't look at me like that.)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

AllenWL

I was trying to think up of a username and failing, and a random name from a random comic just happened to catch my eye. I just added a few letters here and there and...

After that, I just didn't bother to think up a different one. I'm not very creative with names you see.

Oh, and to A Friend, you kinda remind me of a guy from the book inheritance. The guy who tried to kill Roran while saying repeatedly saying 'I'm a friend!'

Falconcommand

I acquired mine when i was 14 looking for a name for an email address that didn't have any numbers in.
One day while playing C&C generals, one of the cut scenes said  "falcon base command center". So i shortened it a little to FalconCommand and it some how stuck from there.

Segrog

Segrog=Gorges when backwards
Gorges=last name
pls dont find me and kill me now

Bob_Namg

Bob = muh name
Namg = Gman backwards
I made this name a long ass time ago.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

Mr.Cross

Welp, I got mine when messing around on a vampire/werewolf rp site. I was going through a rough patch in my life and sorta got adopted by a "family" and it just sorta stuck. Hell I this last name almost every site now.
Claims to know most things.

Daman453

Daman453, Because i am Da-Man and the 453 is something in my family.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Carlyscarlet

Carly is my name. Well, not given name, but the name I gave myself. I'm transgender, so my given name fell out of appeal to me quite quickly for being the wrong gendered name. Carly appealed because it was a short way of saying my username in another forum. Plus, its cute. Scarlet comes from "Remilia Scarlet", because she is one of my favorite Touhou characters. In fact, Remilia was the name I gave myself before Carly.

So I smashed the two together and got this. Feels like a full name, which makes me happy.

killer117

My first video games were shooters. Still play them every now and then. But im a huge fps fanatic. Halo, cod, fallout, skyrim, oblivion, and all sorts of others. I was crappy when i started a 5 yrs old. But by ten i was good. By 12 i was a mass murduring schycopath with a permanant grudge against life, and a lots of ammo to spare. I became a killer. So i became killer. I throw the 117 in when i cant do just killer, because i try to base the way i fight in games on the way thr master chief fights. Tactical. Smart. Fast. Hard. And never backing down.
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Seeker89

well... way back when I was a young kid... so about the year 2000.... lol

My dad bought a computer for work, then bought a few games. My dad growing up hating and believing D&D was evil(and all company was around them too) decided to buy are first PC game might and magic 6.
This save was Blackwolf.
My older brothers was Hunter.
So I went with Seeker.
And for fun we made my younger brothers was Prey...
89 comes from the year I was born 1989....

and there you have it... the birth of my user name that I use almost everywhere....

Part two....

The second user name I use a lot is ziggydfsm. Ziggy was my first pet, which was an iguana. Not knowing everything about them(and we didn't have google), we failed to know to give him more food then just mill worms, and he passed away. On a plus side they can grow very large which we didn't know at the time. (Note this was in the year 2000). dfsm is my initials, I have two middle names.

Segrog

TheGentlmen

Its from a book.

Exert from: ALEX RIDER SERIES POINT BLANK
The elevator remained where it was. It looked solid but, in fact, it wasn't there at all. What Roscoe had stepped into was a hologram, an image being projected into the empty space of the elevator shaft where the real elevator should have been.  The Gentleman had programmed the door to open when Roscoe pressed the call button, and had quietly watched him step into oblivion. If the multimillionaire had managed to look up for a moment, he would have seen the silver hologram projector, beaming the image, a few yards above him. But a man getting into an elevator on his way to lunch does not look up. The Gentleman had known this. And he was never wrong.

I truly recommend you take out the book from your local public library... it was a great read.

Anyway... when making my username on steam I misspelled it and it became TheGentlmen... and it stuck... Oh well. What can we do? ;D

Lerxst

Wait, what's my username on here again? (looks up on screen)

Something about playing guitar for 22 years and falling in love with these guys as a teenager...

Saw Candyman

I was creating an account on my first ever MMORPG, Runescape. I was eating a candycane, so I tried to enter "candycane" as my username, but RS was all like "Nooooooooo! You can't have THAT name, so here's a list you can choose from. get it together, idiot. Who names himself after a food item?" "Saw Candyman" happened to be a name on the list, so I took it and have used it ever sense.
Magic Conch, my least favorite colonist (who has cataracts and is incapable of Dumb Labor) is bleeding to death! What should I do?

"Nothing."

THE MAGIC CONCH HAS SPOKEN!

Pheanox

In the 90s I was all in to |337 haxxor culture like... mispelling words to be your handle.  I was obsessed with greek mythology at the time and love the mythology behind the phoenix.  So pheanox.