whats the story behind your username

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruit loops

Well, my name i use for almost everything; droidcommander123456 it get old after a while, or after you mature. I mean HELL i still love star wars ;-; but... seeing when i signed up there wasn't NEARLY as many people, I chose a original name in a sense.

being 'Fruit loops'

If i continue to play RimWorld, it would be nice when the game get SUPER popular (I pray :P) that i will be that guy who has the original fruit loops name.
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

elStrages

el - this part of my name comes from my surname. I was always known at Tyrrell due to being called Davis and there ware 7 of us in my year at school, this eventually got shorted to el, as a nickname.
Strages - is roughly Latin for Massicure.
So really elStrages is roughly Tyrrell Massicure.
Now I sound like a psycho. :D

MyNameIsSpyder

Quote from: DFDelta on January 07, 2015, 05:13:39 PM
Going to necro this because its quite a timeless topic.  :P

Mine consists of 2 parts (doh), each with its own history.
The first one, the DF, stands for Daniel Ferel, which is the name I've been using in SciFi RPGs and the like since I was 8 or 9 years old. Daniel is my own first name, and the Ferel might be a misspelled Feral, don't really remember since it was far too long ago.  :D
I've been using that name for a lot of stuff since then. For example I released Doom 2, Heretic and Hexen maps under that name, back in the very early days of the internets.  :D

The Delta part came a few years later, when the first Unreal was released, the first FPS that I remember to have played online.
Me and some friends had the idea to name ourselves after greek letters, and I've chosen Delta because it starts with a D, and I always liked how it sounds. Also its a badass triangle.
A year later, in Unreal Tournament, only one of my friends was left playing with me on a regular basis, but we still used the old names Omega and Delta, and we had a few favorite servers where we kicked *** on a regular basis.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, how did the DF and Delta become connected you might ask.

Well, around that time I got together with some guys that happened to also play on our favorite servers regularly, and we decided to tag ourselves. Thus the "Dominating Force" was born, (a rather silly name, but we were young and stupid) and my name became -=|DF|Delta|=-. Our little association, it could not really be called a clan, had a few servers where we would meet 2 or 3 times a week to kick *** and chew bubblegum.
That whole thing held together for a good 3 years, which might have been the greatest days of gaming I've ever experienced, but then suddenly one after the other dropped out or left, and in just 4 months the whole thing collapsed. One guy just disappeared without any sign why, one moved together with his long term girlfriend who could no stand "those brutal games", so he had to stop playing them (lol... sissy), and so on.
When we finally decided to "disband and move on" I did not want to lose the name that I've kept for so long now, and one of the other survivors pointed out that the initials of the nickname I'm using when I upload UT maps, and our clan tag are identical, so I could just change the meaning behind the DF.
And so I did.

So DFDelta is a combination of a name I've been using in RPGs for a longer time then some people I know have lived, the first name I've ever used in an online FPS, and the tag of my very first clan.
i cri evrytim

Prophet Of Merci

I played most of the Halo games, and i liked Prophet Of Mercy (who died during a flood invasion) since he was more open to humans unlike the Prophets of Regret and Truth. Also, my real first name is Mercilous. So "Merci" is the first 5 letters of my real name...Replaced the "y" with "i".

Prophet Of Merci

Also in most games i play, i prefer the support type. No matter what guild/faction/corporation im in, I excel at keeping others alive and well supplied and/or being extremely helpful.

Kirid

Mine is simply my name misspelled backwards, Derrick=Kirid. Then Sword Art Online came out and I feel like a cheap knockoff every time I see a Kirito.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Mithradates

QuoteTERENCE, this is stupid stuff:   
You eat your victuals fast enough;   
There can't be much amiss, 'tis clear,   
To see the rate you drink your beer.   
But oh, good Lord, the verse you make,          
It gives a chap the belly-ache.   
The cow, the old cow, she is dead;   
It sleeps well, the horned head:   
We poor lads, 'tis our turn now   
To hear such tunes as killed the cow.          
Pretty friendship 'tis to rhyme   
Your friends to death before their time   
Moping melancholy mad:   
Come, pipe a tune to dance to, lad.   

Why, if 'tis dancing you would be,          
There's brisker pipes than poetry.   
Say, for what were hop-yards meant,   
Or why was Burton built on Trent?   
Oh many a peer of England brews   
Livelier liquor than the Muse,          
And malt does more than Milton can   
To justify God's ways to man.   
Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink   
For fellows whom it hurts to think:   
Look into the pewter pot          
To see the world as the world's not.   
And faith, 'tis pleasant till 'tis past:   
The mischief is that 'twill not last.   
Oh I have been to Ludlow fair   
And left my necktie God knows where,          
And carried half way home, or near,   
Pints and quarts of Ludlow beer:   
Then the world seemed none so bad,   
And I myself a sterling lad;   
And down in lovely muck I've lain,          
Happy till I woke again.   
Then I saw the morning sky:   
Heigho, the tale was all a lie;   
The world, it was the old world yet,   
I was I, my things were wet,          
And nothing now remained to do   
But begin the game anew.   

Therefore, since the world has still   
Much good, but much less good than ill,   
And while the sun and moon endure          
Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,   
I'd face it as a wise man would,   
And train for ill and not for good.   
'Tis true, the stuff I bring for sale   
Is not so brisk a brew as ale:          
Out of a stem that scored the hand   
I wrung it in a weary land.   
But take it: if the smack is sour,   
The better for the embittered hour;   
It should do good to heart and head          
When your soul is in my soul's stead;   
And I will friend you, if I may,   
In the dark and cloudy day.   

There was a king reigned in the East:   
There, when kings will sit to feast,          
They get their fill before they think   
With poisoned meat and poisoned drink.   
He gathered all that springs to birth   
From the many-venomed earth;   
First a little, thence to more,          
He sampled all her killing store;   
And easy, smiling, seasoned sound,   
Sate the king when healths went round.   
They put arsenic in his meat   
And stared aghast to watch him eat;        
They poured strychnine in his cup   
And shook to see him drink it up:   
They shook, they stared as white's their shirt:   
Them it was their poison hurt.   
- I tell the tale that I heard told.   
Mithridates, he died old.

A.E. Houseman - Terrence, this is Stupid Stuff.

I, too, am the King of Kings.
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

LittleGreenStone

I was stoned.
That sums it up I think.

Adamiks

Emm.... My name is Adam. This is my story.

nmid

Nmid... was making a gaming nick for myself when I was .. like 13?14?
All the 'cool' sounding nicks were taken on gmail and hotmail and I was getting pissed.
I didn't want to add arbritary numbers at the end of my nick....... so
NoMoreIdsLeft@gmail
N  M     ID

Ps - I'm now 'editing' that backstory to say NMID is the nickname for NMIDL.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Crashy

Oh boy the stroy behind my username is when I crashed a dirt bike when I was young I broke my jaw, loss about 3 teeth, and had burnt marks all over my body. So my brothers started calling me crashy. Although the origenal name was suppose to be Crashkiller because dad calls me killer.
Nothing but a beginner modder. :D I hope I get to know you all well.

deadlydullahan

If anyone here knows the story of the Irish Dullahan and the folklore behind the Dullahan then that basically explains my username. It caught my attention, that and Headless Horseman is normally taken on every other site/game I register; so this was a better option.

Dragonisser

Well i like Dragons, back then when i choosed my name and then i just added some letters, so it sounds good.

Thats my story not really much xD

Illusion Distort

Over the years i've had quite alot of nicknames, after making a nameYearofbirth account on lol (Leauge Of Legends) i made my nickname from my favourite champ and playstyle. Le Blanc (LB) is an illusionist, she performs illusions. Her W spell is called distort, after playing around for a while,
Illusion Distort was my favourite. :D

billycop32

My real name is billy, but when I was very little my friends and family kept calling me "copter" because I always had a police helicopter toy with me. the 32 stems from when I started runecraft, as billy32 was/is considered a cursed username on that website. however sinse that curse is only on runecraft I add "cop" to my name and the number to get my universal username, which you can find on sites like roblox,steam, wiki, and more. most billycop32s are me, and I usually can get websites to take down people who use my username for slander(it has happened)