whats the story behind your username

Started by Cpt.Fupa, September 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModernGib

Originally it was "TheCrazyItalian", which I made by taking a generic word and sticking it with my ethnicity.

However as of recent I changed it to ModernGib, as I found the other name childish(?) I guess.

I took Modern as I like the adjective and I have very 'Modern' ideals, and like Modern architecture. As for Gib, well it was Glib and that was generated from a random website, however I found it hard to say with that pesky L, so now i'm ModernGib, Gib pronounced without a J sound.
iamthekidyouknowwhatimean?

DarkestLight

Well... for me when I was younger I absolutely loved RPG's and I can't quite remember the one I enjoyed the most because... you could choose a class (Mage, Paladin, Monk, Warrior) but then as you played through it depending on how you acted in situations it chose whether or not you became the good or bad subclass for it.

Example: (green is good, red is evil. Duh ;P )
Mage = Warlock
Holy Paladin = Unholy Paladin (or something like that ;-;)
Divine Monk = Martial Monk
Warrior = Blademaster
Please note I may be off slightly by the names...

ANYWAY.
I liked being a Holy paladin because I could use "Light" abilities on "Dark/Unholy" enemies and I got an attack bonus... and then when I needed to go "against the gods" (not actually, just attacking angel-like things) I would go around making bad decisions to get me down to Unholy (But you needed to pay to add the skills every-time which was a bit annoying sometimes)

And because I'm... abit of a person who likes to mess with people. I just stuck to the "DarkestLight" because... it makes little sense. "How does one get... a dark light?" uh. Shine a torch into the sun? then the torch light is darker??? (Oh thats not a bad explanation actually o.o)

Anyway before I cover the whole page with all my typing xD

http://s2.postimg.org/4dieh33ux/slender.png (I did the slender colonist because i could, haha)

Dodging Rain

Ykara

Gaiska

gaiska comes from gaizka ... basque first name. heard it first from gaizka mendieta. popular soccer player in the 90s.

Facepunch

I'll go through mine one at a time, and just redirect anyone who wants to know here.

Facepunch:
I dont actually use this username anymore, but it came about way back when, from a game called Garry's Mod, if you've heard of it. I was playing GMod 9, forget the name of the gamemode, but basically what you had to do was pickup some files, and throw them at the Facepunch (developers of the game) symbol. Text would appear across the screen saying something along the lines of "Pickup the files and throw them at Facepunch!", so I changed my name to Facepunch. I don't use this one very often, anymore.
PiamondDickaxe:
Yeah, I don't remember what happened that night (I'm sure I had a blast, though), but I woke up the next morning, made myself a coffee, went to my computer, and saw that my username had been set to PiamondDickaxe. It stuck.
IDontLikeNames:
This is what happens when all the good usernames are taken. This one also stuck, but I only use it on 1 or 2 different games.
Hoganmaker:
This one's a bit of an inside joke between me, my friends, and my girlfriend. My friends are all dating, so we smashed their names together, wondering what their kid's names will be (Getting things like Jarlyn from Jarrett and Brooklyn, and Brayna from Bryce and Shayna), and I got Hogan, that is, Holly (My girl) and Logan (Me). So, yeah.
I guess I should stop before I take up the rest of the page

Mechanoid Hivemind

My original name was Bullet Sponge, it was from my highlander tf2 days, i played heavy very well. Bullet sponge is my name, damage soak is my game. is my motto
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

KillTyrant

Used to play an old browser game called runescape in 2001. I wanted the name "Tyrant" but it was already taken so I decided I would KillTyrant for taking my name. Its been my handle ever since. Considering I love FPS's it actually became a much befitting name as I usually top the kill boards.

Dspendragon

My dad used Rspendragon, I use Dspendragon, its from D&D, half-dragons, Dspendragon son of Rspendragon son of Penniy the dragon. yep true story .
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Ectoplasm

I was thinking about Bill Murray in Ghostbusters at the time.

ApatheticExcuse

X-Box 360 suggested it to me out of nowhere a couple years ago. It's kind of a multi-pun, so that's why I took it initially. I've also yet to run into a single place where it's already taken (PSN, other forums, online games, etc.), and it's nice to not have a million usernames, so it will likely stick for a while.

Listen1

Well, my Steam nickname is still from my TF2 times, where I was know as "Robalo Voador". In english, that would mean the fish Rockbass that fly

MEN, MY FUN NAME WOULD LOOK REALLY BADASS IN ENGLISH!

I'm changing my name now!

From now on, Listen1 will be Know as Flying Rockbass

Call me Arty

"Call me Arty" came from "Artymis Martin", because the full thing sounded too dorky. On Steam, it's way more obnoxious: "Call me Arty, short for Artymis."

"Artymis" is a result of the Goddess Artemis, the greek god of The Hunt, and wisdom. As somebody who likes playing stealth builds and stalking other players/enemies and was commonly nicknamed "the human dictionary", it seemed fitting.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Names are for the Weak

I wanted to put the most amount of creativity and effort into a lazy username. None of this xXl33tp1ay3r69Xx nonsense. It's simple, elegant, creative, and most importantly, lazy.

ChaosChronicler

My handle is actually a pen name I was going to use when I wanted to make a webcomic. That was 10 years ago when I was just a dumb teenager. I just stuck to it cause no one had that name on a couple of sites I went to.