No power, fixed after reload

Started by lewisd, November 05, 2013, 12:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewisd

I haven't tried replicating this yet, but wanted to mention it despite that, since I haven't seen it posted.

When I was playing my first game, I had a solar storm which disrupted power.  I don't know how long solar storms last, so I didn't think too much about it when there were "no electricity" lightning bolts flashing on everything for a few days, and then more days... but eventually raiders came and wiped everyone out easily because I had only one pistol, and my turrets were down.  During the battle, I went to a turret and clicked the "use power" button off, then right back on, and suddenly the turret started working!  Was too late to save the colony though.  I reloaded from a save, from after the raiders arrived, but before they started attacking, and surprisingly all my electrical equipment was working.

Edit: I just realized this should be in the "Bugs" forum.  Would a mod mind moving it?

Semmy

moved it for you
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

SteveAdamo

if you still have that save game (where the power off/on during the electrical storm can be replicated) feel free to attach it... :)

lewisd

Quote from: SteveAdamo on November 05, 2013, 04:06:04 PM
if you still have that save game (where the power off/on during the electrical storm can be replicated) feel free to attach it... :)
Loading the save I had made the problem disappear.  I'm not sure if the save would be useful.  To be honest, I'm not sure I remember which one it is, and I can't open it and check the electrical status to find out. ;)