'Outside' colony vs 'Mountain' colony

Started by Spectre, September 08, 2014, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

Quote from: stefanstr on September 16, 2014, 04:08:57 PM
Quote from: marvinkosh on September 16, 2014, 02:42:18 PM
Does Shooting skill affect mortar accuracy then?

I don�t think it does.

ah, i didn't know that. (though i hope shooting skills affects mortars eventually)

it's just that i usually man my mortars with nobles and assassins since they don't got much to do anyways, i just let them shoot and cycle between the mortars while force firing on enemy mortars (it feels more accurate than letting them randomly shoot at the moving raiders).

Zsword

The fact they don't have anything to do with skills I kinda view as a light blessing, because it does give you some military purpose to your less competent characters, those people with no 'passion' for shooting or melee. Not sure if an 'incapable of violent can man mortars...

Though I personally wouldn't mind a 'sieging' skill or a way to improve mortar accuracy. Perhaps a buildable module? maybe 2 of them working like an autonomous 'spotter and sniper' pair? Not making the mortars themselves automatic, but, just like a little device that reads the mortars firing angle, and a device that registers where the shot lands to help 'pin point' shots. *shrugs*

keylocke

Quote from: Zsword on September 16, 2014, 08:48:39 PM
Not sure if an 'incapable of violent can man mortars...

iirc, i had an empath man a mortar sometimes. but it don't really make much sense. i think it's either a bug or just an oversight on Tynan's part.

Quote from: Zsword on September 16, 2014, 08:48:39 PM
Though I personally wouldn't mind a 'sieging' skill or a way to improve mortar accuracy. Perhaps a buildable module? maybe 2 of them working like an autonomous 'spotter and sniper' pair? Not making the mortars themselves automatic, but, just like a little device that reads the mortars firing angle, and a device that registers where the shot lands to help 'pin point' shots. *shrugs*

i think it would be simpler to just use the "shooting" skills for the mortars. my assassins and nobles have nothing much to do anyways other than going idle, while the other peeps have other tasks they can focus on.

DarkMyau

Coenmcj

Quote from: DarkMyau on September 17, 2014, 12:04:16 AM
Can you still do mountain colonies?

Yes, you just have to account for cabin fever and plan your colony accordingly. so lots of roses and moral boosters!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

This rumor needs to stop.  No skill currently affects mortar accuracy.

Quote from: Tynan on July 06, 2014, 10:18:03 AM
Shooting skill doesn't affect mortar accuracy as of now.

I am aware of the sniper-vs-siege semi-exploit. Thinking about ways to counter that - I may just have the siegers go into assault mode once about 25% of them have died.

And yes, you definitely can have violence-incapable colonists man mortars.  At least currently.  ;)