See growth when harvesting.

Started by Mnemnosyne, September 09, 2014, 04:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnemnosyne

Having just gotten the game (after seeing some of Arumba's videos of it) I've quickly found an irritation that could be fixed with a little UI smoothing; if someone else has commented on this I didn't find it with a few searches on 'chop', 'harvest', and 'growth'.

When I'm harvesting, I try to harvest 100% growth, especially for fruits which say 'ready for harvesting' only at 100%.  (I admit, I'm not sure how important this is).  However, in order to see the growth of the plant, I have to click on it without being in harvest mode, observe that it's 100%, then open up the menu (which I do by click > right click on an empty patch of ground, having to redo if I accidentally click on some other object) then select Chop Wood or Harvest Food, then click back on the original plant.

Instead, it would be far preferable if I could get a tooltip showing growth when I'm in harvest/chop mode.  Or, have a hotkey that I can press while I have the plant selected that will directly mark it for harvest without going into the menu, selecting harvest, and clicking it.

P.S.  Game is awesome, been playing it a ton since I got it.

StorymasterQ

Well, if you blanket the entire field with the harvest command, only the 100% plants are selected. If it's the cut command, then it's all of them.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

BetaSpectre

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 09, 2014, 04:58:21 AM
Well, if you blanket the entire field with the harvest command, only the 100% plants are selected. If it's the cut command, then it's all of them.
I know for a fact that trees don't follow this rule. Some can even be harvested I think at as low as 50% growth. Low enough where you get 8-12 wood instead of 50.
-------------------------------------
It'd actually be better if the player can set at what percent growth will things get Cut/Harvested (sorry if I missed something)

Just a simple slider would suffice.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO